• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do we need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcnj

I will be starting primary soon and just wanted to get a little gouge beforehand. What exactly has to be memorized verbatim? How many EPs are there? Also, what types of things are we quizzed on at a brief before each flight? And finally, is the flying difficult? I just imagine it to be more complicated than flying a C172. Thank you.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
dcnj said:
\What exactly has to be memorized verbatim?

Boldface EPs. Knowing your ops limits verbatim wouldn't hurt you either

dcnj said:
How many EPs are there?

For the T-34? A f#ckload

dcnj said:
Also, what types of things are we quizzed on at a brief before each flight?

You'll get a booklet called a Master Curriculum Guide. Inside it, there's pages for every flight, and a portion called "Discussion Items" which are particular to the individual flight. Generally it's always particular procedures for the maneuvers you'll do that day... but it'll sometimes cover system knowledge, flight pubs, et cetera. Boldface and ops limits are always fair game.

I'm assuming on the pilot side of the house the briefs get more complex as you go, up to the point you're delivering them in their entirety also??

dcnj said:
And finally, is the flying difficult?

Oh it's impossible. Whenever I fly I'm always on the wrong heading or losing thousands of feet, or upside down or something. Too much sh!t to do at once... power, attitude, trim... yeah good luck with all that ;)

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
The quicker you learn to trim, the better off you will be. Rest assured, you will be miles behind the airplane on your first flight.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trim is the easy part. Know the systems, course rules, comms procedures, and EP's--all of them cold. Of course, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm just a SWO.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
TurnandBurn55 said:
For the T-34? A f#ckload

Very well put, I couldn't have said it better myself :icon_smil

Know the maneuvers for the entire block of flights on the first flight of each block, at least thats what my Onwing had me do. And of course the EPs like everyone else has said, but you'll also need to know the Notes, Warnings, and Cautions, not verbatim but be able to discuss them.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i'd say relax first off..you'll know what you need to when you get there. the above advise is great...if you know someone in primary or finishing primary get their trash to help you. besides that, primary is made to let you learn when you get the info...you can get through it without any gouge, any firsthand knowledge, etc.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
If you wanna look at anything b4 hand I would look at EPs and Chapter 4 Natops "Limitations". Now of course you will have no idea what the **** any of it means but you can start memorizing EPs.

JUST DO A LITTLE A DAY ... don't start any intense studying or anything. I did that between API and primiary and it made life a lot easier as I had the first few CPTs down before we started so I was already a little ahead.

And don't forget to drink heavily while u still can!

Peace,

-Spin

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Dude, don't discourage the man...you can always drink heavily...exception is not before you fly, so only on the weekends...

snizo

Supply Officer
primary isn't like api (not if you were an FY04 guy...)
dont give yourself an aneurism before you even start

Status
Not open for further replies.