• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do I have to do to become a naval aviator

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
cskiller said:
..I know my grades aren't good enough to get into the Academy, but there are plenty of other colleges that I can go to..

that's all right, they wouldn't let maverick into the academy cause he was duke mitchell's kid, and he got to be a fighter pilot :icon_smil

ACurry

Thank God for Kidney Stone Medical Waivers
Don't forget the best part of military aviation is the BOXED LUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cskiller

well here is my plan guys...

1) I will go to a J.C. here in San Diego and get great grades
2) Join a college in my area where there is a NROTC program (There is 4 to choose from so I will apply to all of them)
3) Graduate with a History major or a (Political Sciences degree) what ever one you want to call it.
4)Apply for Flight School, and go from there...

I will be a seinor in High school next year, and I will be getting my Pilots License as well... Does this plan sound good?????????

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
cskiller said:

2) Join a college in my area where there is a NROTC program (There is 4 to choose from so I will apply to all of them)
3) Graduate with a History major or a (Political Sciences degree) what ever one you want to call it.

I will be a seinor in High school next year, and I will be getting my Pilots License as well... Does this plan sound good?????????
Why start in a JC? That's just a waste of time. I'm sure State will take you, and USD has a NROTC component there.

Good times,

Brett

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
cskiller said:

That sounds like a good plan. You might be able to start NROTC while in J.C. Just remember to keep your grades up! You're plan seems solid, now you have a goal! If you are going to do that, stick with it and work hard!

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
Brett327 said:
Why start in a JC? That's just a waste of time. I'm sure State will take you, and USD has a NROTC component there.
Brett is right on. Don't bother with the JC (unless your grades need that much help and you can't get in one of the NROTC consortium schools). But why not cut out the middle man and go straight to the source? NROTC San Diego HQ is located at USD (with a small component at SDSU). Besides the schools Brett listed, some NROTC students also attend Point Loma Nazerene or CSU San Marcos if the others don't work for you. Give the unit a call (619-260-4811, I think) and talk to one of the LTs there and they will give you the best advice from the horse's mouth. Good luck.

cskiller

thanks a ton guys!!! I figgure that my grades aren't great, but they aren't bad either. I think that a JC right now is the best choice for me. I will have to talk to a recruiter or someone in the NROTC program from USD..

cskiller

Hey everyone... I would like to wish you all a HAPPY FOURTH and I would also like to say God Speed to all those over seas right now!!!

YOU ARE ALL IN OUR HEARTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.