• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what determines if you go to corpus christi or whiting field?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Your wishes combined with the needs of the Navy to include some factors the Navy looks at to help keep PCS costs down.

Do the best you can.
Ask for what you want.
Go where they tell you.

Same as pipeline selection.

hotwings

sorry if the ? is stupid but I didn't know if one was for helos or something because it seems like everyone talks about going to whiting field for primary

hotwings

sorry another stupid post u dont get your plane or chopper until after primary keep the flaming to a low

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
For those recently out of API or with knowledge of the fact: I was told a few months back by a stud that when selections came about, married personnel were getting whiting, while single guys and gals could go to either place. Is there any truth to this? Does it still hold water if it was true? If I'm fortunate enough to be selected for OCS and SNA, I'm curious if I should just go ahead and put my house on the market (here in CC) or hold out, hoping for the possibility of coming back. I know things change frequently, but this stud claimed it was the norm that was going on for some time. Thanks for any insight

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
..... to include some factors the Navy looks at to help keep PCS costs down.

For those recently out of API or with knowledge of the fact: I was told a few months back by a stud that when selections came about, married personnel were getting whiting, while single guys and gals could go to either place. Is there any truth to this? Does it still hold water if it was true? If I'm fortunate enough to be selected for OCS and SNA, I'm curious if I should just go ahead and put my house on the market (here in CC) or hold out, hoping for the possibility of coming back. I know things change frequently, but this stud claimed it was the norm that was going on for some time. Thanks for any insight

The Navy reserves the right to keep their PCS cost down when it makes sense. It doesn't always happen but it can be a factor in the distribution of the slots. This goes along with the "rumor" that more USMC go to TW5 since they mostly get helos.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Back in the day, you could talk to the flight management office in API about circumstances surrounding your requested location. If you put Corpus as your first choice and explain to them your situation, you may get lucky catch a break (or you may not, but it is worth a shot).

If you rent out your house, you could include a right of return clause in the lease in case you do get PCS'd back to Corpus. This will allow you take the property back from the tenants before their lease expires provided they have a certain amount of advanced notice.