• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Counts As A Push Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

What counts as a push up on the PFT, is it to the floor and back up, is it breaking the plane, is it to the floor with a gunny on ur back. I've heard all of them, need some clarity on which one tho. thanx

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
90 degree plane, then all the way back up. Those are the 2 elements you'll want to worry about as Gunnys circle like sharks.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
They don't do that fist bullcrap at OCS. If you can, go to a gym and so pushups in front of a mirror and keep your head up. When there's a 90 degree angle between your bicep and forearm, come back up.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marines seem to think that 1 pushup is really 2 pushups.

"This is a 4 count exercise!"

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
You have to take marines with a grain of salt too...they also say "ooh rah" and get all excited about doing pushups. There is just something wrong with that!

Ooh Rah...lets stay late tonight and do "side straddle hops", pushups, pullups, and go into the gas chamber without a gas mask with the first Sgt!!

Hopefully the navy will be a little more "sane"!

Navyfan06

pilot
This what we do

To count as a push up for my ROTC pt test your partner takes off one of their shoes and puts it under your chest. You have to touch the shoe for it it count as a pushup. Thats also about the same as a fist. Hope this helps. :icon_smil

kevin

under the new guidelines however, if you do one pushup in which you slam your pelvis 3 times in succession on the ground while sensually whispering "oh ya, baby" it actually counts as three full pushups. henceforth, if a DI asks you to perform 60 pushups, with a bit of fortitude you can whittle that number down to 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.