• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What can I do?

Scoobysnkk

I am currently 16, a high school senior.

My future plans include graduating High School, graduating from college and joining the USMC via PLC.

Is there anything that I could do as a high school senior to help this process along?

jtmedli

pilot
I am currently 16, a high school senior.

My future plans include graduating High School, graduating from college and joining the USMC via PLC.

Is there anything that I could do as a high school senior to help this process along?

Get in good shape. Make good grades. /End Thread

Really though...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would my becoming a certified EMT do anything in this situation?

Community service is good so while getting EMT might be a resume item, you need to show show ability to use it (ie a voulunteer while balancing grades and other commitments). Eagle Scout is also good, team sports and leader positions in groups/clubs....

KBayDog

Here are two things that you absolutely, positively do not do:

1. DUI (not a factor, because you're not 21 yet, and therefore do not drink)
2. Drugs

Avoid the above two, and aside from not screwing up your life, you'll be more competitive and avoid a lot of unnecessary paperwork come application time.

Scoobysnkk

@heyjoe - when I say "military application" I mean, would it do anything for me in a military setting?

@KBayDog - I would never do either of those at this stage in my life.