• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What boots do you get issued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead100583

When you report down to OCS you are issued tan suede boots and anohter pair? Or just one pair? And are they both tan? If they are both tan then I am guessing that all of the black boots shown are ones brought down by the candidates?

Gonzodogg

The just switched over to the tan boots during OCC 185 (this is going on right now). The black one you are refering to may be the one candidates brought or you may be going off of old info.

itoh

you will be issued a pair of the MARPAT jungles and ICBs.
They started issuing the MARPAT (tan) boots last year at OCS. However, PT starts just as the boots are issued and it is impossible to have them broken in immediately and they are in too short of supply for all of the OSOs to issue a pair of boots before reporting to OCS. Thus, many of the companies are allowing the black boots to be used for PT and humps. Our company (Echo 1st increment) was only allowed to wear the boots issued that increment and we had some bad foot casualties. From what I've heard, the companies since have been allowed to wear the black boots for PT.

-itoh

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
I can attest to the feet casualties experienced in Echo. I had the bottoms of my feet come off! It's pretty stuff, and an interesting conversation piece if I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.