• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are your first choice schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'm looking to go to University Wisconsin-Madison for my first.

Second is a little scratchy but I'm looking at Minnesota right now and not certain about a third choice.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
University of New Mexico is #1; not 100%, but I think the U of Utah is #2, and Wisconsin is #3. As I mentioned in the other thread, our original #2 and 3 aren't going to work, so I just told my hubby to pick whatever, and the kids and I will adjust.
Of course, I have been compulsively checking his application staus on the UNM website :icon_nav_

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
NukeWife said:
University of New Mexico is #1; not 100%, but I think the U of Utah is #2, and Wisconsin is #3. As I mentioned in the other thread, our original #2 and 3 aren't going to work, so I just told my hubby to pick whatever, and the kids and I will adjust.
Of course, I have been compulsively checking his application staus on the UNM website :icon_nav_

Used to be that Westminster (a crosstown affiliate of U of Utah) did some really great deals for OC's. My buddy went there and the gave him free room and board the entire time I think. I'm sure that the LT's up at U of U would know the current deal for married folks. Utah really is a great place to live too.

Just something to consider. Hope it helps!

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
VarmintShooter said:
Used to be that Westminster (a crosstown affiliate of U of Utah) did some really great deals for OC's.
Just something to consider. Hope it helps!

Thanks, I'll check it out!

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Remember, Nukes can only apply to 17 universities. My first choice is SUNY Maritime college... I went there yesterday and fell in love with the idea.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
etnuclearsailor said:
Remember, Nukes can only apply to 17 universities.

Yeah, that's why picking a decent place is such a pain in the ass...that and factoring me and the 2 kids into the equation.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
NukeWife said:
Yeah, that's why picking a decent place is such a pain in the ass...that and factoring me and the 2 kids into the equation.
Sould make it mega easy, there are nearly few enough choices to make a dice roll out of it.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
etnuclearsailor said:
Sould make it mega easy, there are nearly few enough choices to make a dice roll out of it.

I just keep looking at BAH rates and rental rates, and things ain't looking too good. Now, if by some chance my hubby makes E-5 off of this last exam, we've got no problems!

Hey, a question for you- does anybody up there in NY already have an acceptance letter to their college? There was one person at the brief here the other day who had one.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
NukeWife said:
I just keep looking at BAH rates and rental rates, and things ain't looking too good. Now, if by some chance my hubby makes E-5 off of this last exam, we've got no problems!

Hey, a question for you- does anybody up there in NY already have an acceptance letter to their college? There was one person at the brief here the other day who had one.

Not to my knowledge. That person was just super sat. I should have a letter NLT next week, although I'm optimistic about getting it this week.

STA21pilot

I've still only applied to one school...

I just can't make up my mind about where else I want to go...

This is a pain in the BUTT!!!

It has taken 2 weeks to get a Flight Physical finished, I feel like I've been probed by more doctors in 2 days than all the days in my past 6 years...

zuggerat

cornell, then syracuse, then FSU, then binghamton, then hofstra, then NASSAU COMMUNITY COLLEGE BABY!!!

oh yeh im not STA... oops my bad

JEEPER1219

anyone here trying to transfer into any california universities?

if so what are your prospects looking like?

do you already have the 60 credits required?

NavySTL

STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Hello all, new to the site. Applied and accepted to Mizzou as #1, still haven't applied to any other schools yet. I'm thinking about UCLA, UNC and the Citadel as my other choices.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Hey, welcome to the sight and congratulations on your selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.