• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are percentages of different Marine aircraft?

thull

Hey. I wanna fly jets. Anyone know what the Marine Corps fleet composition is...more or less? I'm talking either general (fixed vs. rotor) or detail (harriers, f-18s, etc), whatever you can tell me. Trying to get a sense of what's out there (IF I even get accepted!). Thanks.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Mostly helos. Wild guess is 60% helos, 30% jets, and 10% C-130s.

Of jets, my guess would be 35% Harriers, 50% Hornets, and 15% Prowlers.

These numbers are way rough, but should answer your basic question.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
If you check out pg 33 it shows the planned number of aviators, sent to each pipeline until FY2012. Granted those could change at the drop of a hat but Harrier Dudes "rough numbers" are in the ballpark. Thats a lot of stuff to read through but good read. Thanks Heyjoe.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FLYMARINES said:
If you check out pg 33 it shows the planned number of aviators, sent to each pipeline until FY2012. Granted those could change at the drop of a hat but Harrier Dudes "rough numbers" are in the ballpark. Thats a lot of stuff to read through but good read. Thanks Heyjoe.

My pleasure. Thanks really should go to LTGEN Castellaw and his folks at DC Air who keep the plan alive (this plan was developed under guidance of LTGEN Hough who turned over as it was getting signed out). Nobody does it better than the Marines who can speak with a consistent and cogent voice.