• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances?

sm922

24 year old male. Graduating from well known public university in California. 3.5 GPA Applied Mathematics. No relevant job experience or leadership experience. I cannot qualify for cyber warfare or any engineering MOS as I do not have engineering or CS degree. Would joining any other branches be easier for me? Please let me know and happy holidays.

Sm922

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
24 year old male. Graduating from well known public university in California. 3.5 GPA Applied Mathematics. No relevant job experience or leadership experience. I cannot qualify for cyber warfare or any engineering MOS as I do not have engineering or CS degree. Would joining any other branches be easier for me? Please let me know and happy holidays.

Sm922

Start off by contacting an officer recruiter. Being that you’re in CA there’s likely one if not many close to you.

Figure out what Officer programs are a good fit for you. Then take the ASTB/OAR depending on what you qualify/want to pursue.

No one can tell you selection odds until you take either the ASTB / OAR. It’s like asking college admissions what’s your odds without taking the ACT/SAT.

sm922

Start off by contacting an officer recruiter. Being that you’re in CA there’s likely one if not many close to you.

Figure out what Officer programs are a good fit for you. Then take the ASTB/OAR depending on what you qualify/want to pursue.

No one can tell you selection odds until you take either the ASTB / OAR. It’s like asking college admissions what’s your odds without taking the ACT/SAT.
Cool, thanks, makes complete sense. May I ask one more question? Given that I want to join right after graduating college, what would be a good time to get the ball rolling, i.e. how many months before graduating should I apply for OCS?

Notanaviator

Contributor
Never served, but good advice for anything is it never hurts to be more of a sponge, earlier. Talk to people who can get you where you want to be, talk to people who are doing what you want to do, talk to people who’ve done what you want to do. If you’re in SD there are probably few better places to be if you want to apply that advice toward becoming a naval aviator. Good luck!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Cool, thanks, makes complete sense. May I ask one more question? Given that I want to join right after graduating college, what would be a good time to get the ball rolling, i.e. how many months before graduating should I apply for OCS?

12-18 months prior to graduation.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh my, I did not need that, HAL Pilot. That ruined my day. Color me gone again.
Maybe I will try to sneak back in with a non de plume.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Nom de plume... nom de guerre... nom de trolleur...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Oh my, I did not need that, HAL Pilot. That ruined my day. Color me gone again.
Maybe I will try to sneak back in with a non de plume.

You said troll....so I did....

You can just ignore it as coming from a non-fighter guy if you want but for a steely eyes death giving fighter jock you’re sure being whiny.