• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances?

NAVOFF

Well, I got my scores back from the recruiter today from the ASTB. Well I passed but my scores are not as good as I hoped for it to be. I am not applying for pilot and NFO is my third choice. My recruiter says that since I passed the OAR she wants to go ahead and submit my paperwork. If it does not get selected, I can go ahead and retake the test. Please let me know if I will be competitive for the Supply Corp or my 2nd choice SWO:

ASTB: 43/3/3/3
GPA: 3.73
Major: Transportation and Logistics
Activities: Prior Service in the Army
LOR: 2 bosses from work, A chief in the Navy, and My old squad leader in the Army.

Passing OAR is a 35 but is a 43 will be enough along with my GPA and all that?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And what does a Midn 2/C know about what it takes to be qualified for SWO these days....or shall I say, "overqualified"?

Wankertank

Free Hat!
That OAR is pretty low, I had a 47 and my recruiter said best chance was Supply and even that wasnt very competitive. While you have a very nice GPA I would suggest you study hard and re-take the ASTB. My score jumped up 14 points to a 61 with a months worth of study.

However, you could apply with what you have now, the worst thing they can say is no.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I got a 4/4/4 44 and was told that it would be best to re-test even for the supplycore. Maybe your prior service in the army will help the low score thus the push to submit it??

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
huh... the link glitched, the point was that I respect the hell out of you and that I apologize for my previous comments. They were out of line.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd advise you to listen to your recruiter. She should be informed on what scores are competitive for each billet and wouldn't advise you to submit your package if she didn't think you were qualified. Like someone else already mentioned, your GPA is pretty high. That will likely offset your ASTB a little bit making your academic ability appear more evened out.

You have to wait 30 days to retake the test anyway, right? Do you really want to wait that long before you send in your application? You should ask your recruiter if you can submit everything now and then also submit updated ASTB grades while they're still reviewing your package. That way you'll get your paperwork in sooner and still be able to retake the test if that's what you decide you want to do.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't your comments are out of line. I'm just trying to get you to explain what you mean and your rational for why you think it.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Looking at it from a Midshipman perspective, I dont worry about not getting picked up for SWO.