• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what are my chances of getting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy80

my question is does anybody think i have a chance at getting in what worries me is my age.

I am a HM2 been in the navy for 8 years have had 4.0 eval the past three years i have a LOR from a Capt in the Astronaut Corps i intended to submit a package in jul 03 but i had been deployed withe the marine corps from feb 03 to aug 03 for operation iraqi freedom. so i didnt get the package in on time.i currently have 16 college credits mostle gen ed stuff a 3.5 average act score were 23 eng 24 math. i also have a couple other LOR's from former oic and CO. the only thing bothering me is i am 25 will be 26 in mar and dont know if i will get accepted in time. just wondering if i have a chance or not.

thanks

JessVess84

stickboy80- I was just writing to tell you that I would agree with Patmack 18. I wouldn't go around asking if you think you could make it. I am currently 19 years old and I have been in the navy since October 2002 and I am applying right now to Sta-21 and I will apply to the Academy when the Nominations from my senators opens up again. I haven't been in that long, but I have a lot of accoplishments, but some tell me that they dont thing that I will make it because I havent been in the navy long enough. But you can't go by what people say. Cause like patmack said, you can have ANYONE tell you that you won't make it, or you can have anyone tell you that you will make it. It's all up to you. I have had people tell me that I shouldnt apply to the academy cause I wont like it. Well I am doing what I want and I am applying to Sta-21 and then if the results come out, and i'm not on the list, then I have enough time to submit my application to the naval academy. Then in april of next year, if I don't make it in the academy, then I will apply to the Sta-21 program again. My goal is to become an officer in the United States Navy and I will get it one way or the other. You just have to have the mental attitude that you will make it and one of these days you will. Just try hard and if that doesnt work, try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.