• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what are my chances of a NROTC scholarship

Praise Jesus

I want to apply for a NROTC scholarship and wanted to know my chances of getting one. I'm a junior had as of this year, I have a weighted GPA of a 4.06. I haven't taken the ACT yet, but I am doing so in February (I took it through the Duke TIP Program in 7th Grade and got a 21).
Classes
-Freshmen: English Honors, Physical Science Honors, Geometry honors, Personal Fitness, Criminal Justice, NJROTC
Sophomore-English Honors, Algebra 2 Honors, Biology Honors, World History honors, NJROTC, a computer class, Spanish
Junior-AP English, AP US History, Chemistry Honors, Advanced topics in math, NJROTC, Digital Design, Spanish
Senior year (plans)- Pre Calc, AP Economics, American Gov honors, Physics, English 4 honors, AP Stats, NJROTC
I'm also a 3 year track member, FCA Captain, Young Republicans VP, NHS, Model UN, Junior Class council, senior class council, Student Government, 2 years as second in command of my NJROTC platoon.

I also plan on majoring in Engineering while in College

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
You may want to do a search on this site. "What are my chances" threads are not only discouraged, but absolutely a terrible idea. Nobody can tell you what your chances are. If you want it, apply for it. If you get it, great, if not, you need to do better and re-apply.

Praise Jesus

I wasn't looking for a "oh, you have a 85% chance" or a "35% chance". I just wanted to know if applying for it would be a waste of my time or not.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
I wasn't looking for a "oh, you have a 85% chance" or a "35% chance". I just wanted to know if applying for it would be a waste of my time or not.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If you want it, apply for it. It's that simple. Questions like the one above are the true waste of time.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

As already mentioned. If you don't apply, you'll never know. Applying for something that you want is never a waste of your time. Your thread is the true waste of time. Start applying now if it's what you really want to do with your life.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
a_chance.jpg

Of course there's a shot. Keep your GPA up. Get physically fit and do well on the PRT. Do well on the ACT and pick an engineering major. Worst case scenario- you don't get a scholarship.In this case, you can still go in as a college programmer, where they don't pay your tuition, and compete for a scholarship. Good luck.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I want to apply for a NROTC scholarship and wanted to know my chances of getting one..... (then follows qualifications and accomplishments that would make Superman blush) ...

General Eligibility for NROTC Programs: Be 17 years old by Sept. 1 of the year starting college and less than 23 on June 30 of that year. Applicants must not have reached their 27th birthday by June 30 of the year in which college graduation and commissioning are anticipated. (Applicants who have prior active duty military service may be eligible for age adjustments for the amount of time equal to their prior service, on a month-for-month basis, for a maximum of 36 months, provided they do not reach their 30th birthday by June 30 of the year in which graduation and commissioning are anticipated.)

Your profile shows you claim a birth year of 1980. That makes you 30 years old as of now. The answer(s) to your question are readily available online and from a variety of other sources. Maybe I'm missing some fine detail, but I'd say you are S-O-L in your quest of an NROTC scholarship.

Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps

JTB7

You have good chance man, pick a tier 1 if it interests you, work on the PRT and you will most likely get it. Keep the hard work up OP it pays off.