• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances in getting a pilot slot?

Shami

I have spent a few hours trolling these forums. I thank everyone who have participated in helping to keep this forum as a great source of information for the confused people like myself.

I wanted to give you guys some information about myself if you can look my stats and tell me if I stand a chance.

I am a US Citizen however I legally immigrated to US in 2000.

Speak 3 fluent languages

26 years old

Starting my last year for school in Sept (current GPA 3.1)

Private Pilot and almost done with instrument rating

20/20 uncorrected vision

Took my ASTB once and scored ( 5-AQR 6=PFAR 5=FOFAR) Going to take it again soon

Do I even stand a chance at Navy or Marine OCS?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Somewhere in the world, God is killing kittens. Just to warn you, 'what are my chances' threads are a terrible way to start off here, and are generally frowned upon. That is, unless you are asking "What are the chances I might get (____________) if I engage in coitus with. . . " never mind. Best of luck to you.

TXSooner07

None
^Agreed, no one here can really tell you your chances. However, in your case, it seems that no one has told you that the age cutoff is 27. And seeing how you're not even done with school yet, a pilot slot seems unlikely. Other designators have higher age limits though

Shami

What about USMC OCS it says that cut for that is "Has not reached 28th birthday at time of commissioning". I have a Private Pilot's license and I am almost done with intrument raiting. doesnt that help my chances?

Thanks for responding to my thread and I am sorry if I didnt follow the norms.

robav8r

None
Contributor
What about USMC OCS it says that cut for that is "Has not reached 28th birthday at time of commissioning". I have a Private Pilot's license and I am almost done with intrument raiting. doesnt that help my chances?

Thanks for responding to my thread and I am sorry if I didnt follow the norms.

Start following the "norms."

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What about USMC OCS...

Whether you're applying for USMC OCS, or burger distribution @ Mickey D's, answer samo, samo...we can't say. FWIW, private flight experience/tickets, might give a slight push, but nothing near GPA, test scores, LORs etc.:cool:
BzB