• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances for a NROTC scholarship?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a SWO, but here's what Google turned up:
"Splice the Main Brace: For special occasions or for a job well done, the squadron leader would hoist the signal of Alpha-Delta-28, meaning Splice the Main Brace. This indicated the issuing of a double measure of rum for that day, in celebration. It can today also mean an invitation aboard for free drinks."
Cool, I now am edumicated! Happy Veterans Day to all. Will be celebrating "our day" at the free Vet's Day lunch at the Olive Garden, with my 3 children and many other Veteran Sandy Eggo Bros!:)
images.jpg

EDIT: BzB & "Little Bees today at OG Vet's Day
2-Magee Gang Vets Day '13.JPG
BzB

Last edited:

RiseR 25

I'm currently a NROTC applicant (high school senior) and was wondering what you guys think my chances of getting the scholarship are. Here are some stats:

GPA: 3.843
SAT: 1910
I just took the Math 2 and Physics subject tests (waiting on scores)
I've taken the most advanced courses possible (AP/honors) except my freshman year
Three seasons of sports per year
Eagle Scout and SPL
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
I sent my application in around mid-August, in time for the first set of boards
Not sure if this has any bearing on the application, but my brother is a Marine option with NROTC (he just graduated college and is going to TBS soon)
I've had my interview and thought it went OK (I was pretty anxious)

My five schools are:
1- University of Wisconsin-Madison
2- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
3- University of Colorado Boulder
4- University of Maryland:CP
5- Penn State

Congratulations on the GPA and SAT scores! From a fellow Eagle Scout congratulations on making it into the brotherhood and I hope your troop enjoyed your leadership during your bout as SPL ;)

To answer your question of odds of landing an NROTC scholarship I'd say they are pretty solid, although I've seen some pretty crazy stuff in the past in terms of selection. Just keep in mind all is not lost in terms of a scholarship (there are plenty of ways to secure funding for school). If you have a specific designator (career field) you want to shoot for keep in mind OCS is not a bad option as well. Good luck!

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
My cousin just started his freshman year as a NROTC student. He was pretty top notch. You're in the same league. Have faith and if you don't get it there are still ways to get there...ECP (I think it's still around...probably the greatest deal in the entire world if you can pick it up) and OCS. It's a buyers market right now...good luck.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My cousin just started his freshman year as a NROTC student. He was pretty top notch. You're in the same league. Have faith and if you don't get it there are still ways to get there...ECP (I think it's still around...probably the greatest deal in the entire world if you can pick it up) and OCS. It's a buyers market right now...good luck.
ECP has been dead a long time. STA-21 replaced it.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
ECP has been dead a long time. STA-21 replaced it.

Your correct. I got my accronyms confused. I meant the BDCP. Details in this thread:

http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...baccalaureate-degree-completion-program.1915/

I had some flight students that went this path...sounded pretty sweet. E-5 pay, BAS, BAH and TRI-Care while attending college. That time counts and you acrue leave...so you get out of OCS with 2 years leave already on the books, you get O-1,2&3E pay. Not too shabby for getting paid to be a civilian student.