• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what am i getting myself into!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YPBFluids

I have been looking at this forum for a rough year but just registered since recieving my acceptance letter to NAPS. I am currently an HN and am stationed at Camp Lejeune, 2d FSSG, 2d SUP BN, 2d MEDLOG. All i am waiting for are my official orders to get my booty up to newport. Last week i just got a package from usmma saying I have recieved a alternative appointment and it is looking good that i may get accepted, however I am going to take NAPS. I believe the extra year of school will help me tremendously, i am not the greatest at english. Anyway I have some messed up knees. I injured them in Nov. 2004 and am afraid of having a authroscopy(spelling? i know i am a corpman and i should know that). I don't want to become disqualified medically. I can run but it irritates my knees and i know INDOC is only 3 weeks long. I know i can make it through those short weeks. But am i able to get worked on at NAPS without being rejected for plebe year. Maybe i should be asking someone at NAPS. I know that most knee surgeries have people up and running again in a few weeks. Any information on what PT is like during indoc would be awesome. THANK YOU
\m/ DEVIL DOC \m/

usunkmybship

PT is mosty team building exercises. Lots of crab walks and zodiac races. Log lifting, running from station to station. Running to the firehouse was the longest, like about 4-5 miles away. School is meant to be a pain in the butt but it will prepare you. As for the prior experience I'll let a prior tell you how NAPS is like for them.

Integer1

Banned
Wait, is it looking good that you might be accepted to the school? And you have a choice of either USMAA or NAPS? I think most people would suggest taking the USMMA. What do you guys think?

YPBFluids

Does anyone know Sam Sumerall? He is a M/C up at Newport.He went to my high school. i also knew him when i was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.