• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What a country we live in!

MasterBates

Of course, if it was a Mexican flag it would be totally cool, to show either pride in heritage or "understanding" of a minority.

But an American flag? That might incite racial tensions?? YGTBFSM.

I'm sure if he flew a German or Scandinavian flag (if he was of that heritage) he'd be flat out called a racist.

PC and Multiculturalism (as long as it's not WASP/Nordic/Germanic based American culture) will be the death of the United States of America.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
^What he said.

This is just symptomatic of deeper issues this country has, particularly the twisted sense of entitlement that many people feel. As long as we're taking "drastic measures" to deal with government spending, etc, perhaps we could just establish the Heinleinian model for goverment. All the 'entitled' liberal hipsters can cut their losses and go protest the 20 hour work week in France.

Lawman

None
I tried calling both the School its self and the District Office. Had to leave a message for both. Nobody is answering the phones. Think maybe they're getting a little tired of explaining to Proud Patriotic Americans why they would choose to do something so disgusting?

m26

Contributor
This being the decision of a public school administration, my first reaction was that the stupidest possible explanation conceivable would probably be the case. Still, there has to be more to the story than Fox40 is letting on, right? Right? Local news not exactly renowned for quality reporting of sensationalizing. Make that TV News.

Of course, if it was a Mexican flag it would be totally cool, to show either pride in heritage or "understanding" of a minority.

According to UPI (UPI still exists?), they chose not to allow the flag precisely so they wouldn't have to allow Mexican flags.

Sounds to me like they are dealing with a tough situation in the wrong way, but given that they've already dug themselves this hole this doesn't seem like the craziest decision I've ever heard.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
We're all residents of the same country. Maybe the people who have the problem with him flying the flag ARE the problem?

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
You can't have it both ways. Embrace the United States (it's flag included), or head the f*** back to Mexico. There is no grey area for anything in-between

+1

When living in any given country, you should never be told you cannot fly the flag of said country. Thats like saying "You are a man, everyone can tell that by looking at you. We know you can pee standing up, but, in order to quell any possible tensions, you must pee sitting down when using a public restroom." Okay, maybe it's not quite like that, but I'm sure you get what im trying to say :icon_tong.

Also, it says that bicycles are not allowed to be ridden on school grounds, only to and from school; I am assuming this means that it is locked to a bike rack for the duration of school hours. If this is the case, it would seem that faculty and staff should not be allowed to have a U.S. flag sticker or display an slogan or logo related to the U.S.A. on their personal vehicles while parked at school, no? Definitely one of the most ridiculous, un-American things I've ever seen.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I would like to know how many teachers have a political bumper sticker on their cars... to include the principle.

dilbert123

pilot
Here's a news item from England. We're not the only country taking political correctness to the absurd:

Army cadets banned from carrying rifles on Remembrance Day parade because it 'glamorises' weapons

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 6:45 PM on 5th November 2010

Army cadets have been left ‘bitterly disappointed’ after being banned from carrying rifles on a Remembrance Day parade - amid fears the weapons might 'upset' onlookers.

The young cadets have proudly marched with rifles for decades and around 100 had spent months fine-tuning the drill where they would showcase their skills.

But the cadets were left 'gutted' just days before the big event when military top brass cut the rifles from the display following complaints from members of the public.

Plymouth cadets will no longer be able to march with rifles amid fears of 'upsetting' the public. They are pictured here on Remembrance Sunday in Hoe last year

They were warned the rifle display during the march in Plymouth, Devon, could be deemed as 'glamorising' weapons.

Cadets were left 'bitterly disappointed' by the late change, which organisers today branded 'political correctness gone mad'.

ryan1234

I think some of the guys from Beale AFB are working on getting that kid a flag flown on one of their sorties - which would be pretty cool...hope that works out.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
When you guys were in school did you recite the pledge of allegiance every morning? In Tennessee, we did. This is astounding to me.