• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Went Flying today with MCFOP

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Went flying today with the Marine Corps Flight Orientation Program. It was a fun day a couple things sucked though. The pilot wasn't a Marine at all he was just a guy from the company the plane was leased from. All was going good until the last guy got up front to take the controls. I felt a little sick but got over it. I heard the guy next to me sounded like a sneeze and I see the girl that was sitting across from him looked shocked. So I look over and what do I see but barf on the wall and on the guy's shirt and pants. It was a good thing we were on our way back in the smell was nasty. We get on the ground and one of the Majors was on the flight line to meet us and the guy tells the Major that he wasn't feeling good earlier in the morning. I'm watching the Major's facial expression and you could tell what he was thinking, "this guy is a sausage." It turns out the guy that barfed is applying for occ and is 27 and his eyes are bad. My OSO said "well I guess he is gonna have to go ground then." It was funny the other OSO there and another major were rippin on the guy.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
concur with NavyVance...sorry to hear about the behavior of the Marines there though...not very professional to be ripping on someone for getting sick (which is not always controllable and VERY common with new pilots) and certainly not in front of other candidates...Guess I am just sort of hoping that it wasn't how it sounds. anyway...life moves on...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I see an important lesson was learned here- don't fly without a barf bag... you never know when you're going to need one, or when someone else is going to need yourse.

Note- ziplock freezer bags make very good barf bags... heavy duty and resealable.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
I see an important lesson was learned here- don't fly without a barf bag... you never know when you're going to need one, or when someone else is going to need yourse.

Note- ziplock freezer bags make very good barf bags... heavy duty and resealable.

also don't try to fly right after doing a PFT...not a good combination...

aviatorMatt

there's a difference between flying as a passanger and flying as a pilot. I about to get my CFI and did my spin certification today. i did about 5-6 spins myself today and it didn't bother me a bit. but I let me flight instructor do a spin and...well... i was ready to head home. i didn't barf but any more of him spinning the airplane i probably would have. it probably didn't help that I let my buddy buy me all those beers at the ballgame last night :)

Lawman

None
Barfing is deffinately a "but before the grace of god" kind of thing. Ill bet your two OSO's arent pilots by trade. The Vomit Comet didnt get its name for nothing, and those were some of the most experianced pilots on the planet riding in that thing. Eat a few hot dogs and warm coke, sit in a nice warm plane, and fly through some turbulance. Thats a real good way to find out just how good your intestinal fortitude is.

Ziplock bag (big freezer bag) with a sponge in it. Works in a pinch as a piddle pack or a barf bag. Got one in my flight bag at all times for me or anybody else that needs it.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Lawman said:
Barfing is deffinately a "but before the grace of god" kind of thing. .

I think you mean, "But by the grace of God, there go I" and yea, it is.

I flew very little on my Japan deplyment and one day while getting smoked by a Japanese diesel, I lost it right there in the TACCO seat; I did fortunately, have a Ziplock brand 1 Gallon freezer storage bag. Don't settle for less, use only Ziplock brand when the cad smoke gets you going.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
Lawman said:
Ill bet your two OSO's arent pilots by trade.
One is a 46 pilot and the other is ground supply. I'm not passing judgement b/c I've gotten sick before on small planes. I just thought it was dumb he couldn't just say "Ya I got sick." I wasn't feeling all that great after I flew and if I tossed my cookies I probably would have laughed at myself. Whatever no big deal he was probably acting that way b/c he brought a girl with him.

Lawman

None
ZoomByU said:
One is a 46 pilot and the other is ground supply. I'm not passing judgement b/c I've gotten sick before on small planes. I just thought it was dumb he couldn't just say "Ya I got sick." I wasn't feeling all that great after I flew and if I tossed my cookies I probably would have laughed at myself. Whatever no big deal he was probably acting that way b/c he brought a girl with him.

Oh if he was being a tool about it and not just owning up to it yeah thats differnt. I figured when you said ragging on him they were just ragging on him without the whole knowing from experiance kinda deal. Yeah that would be embarrasing to bring your girl with you and do that.

joeflys

If you keep your focus out towards the horizon and look outside the airplane. Dont stare, but look around towards the direction of travel and out in the distance, and that will help.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
only babies puke, so be a man.......;)

barf20bag20200306192013ib.jpg

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Chuck Yeagar said he puked on his first flight. I don't think anyone would doubt that mans stones as a pilot.