• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Well I guess ASW isn't dead after all -

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's no way to have the discussion on this overall topic on this forum.
I trust professionals know where to draw the line. I didn't expect a comprehensive discussion. I was sure there was room for comment. I got through a 27 year career without any opesec violations. I understand. Lecture not required. BTW, rebuffed by my go to AW pros, I found all my answers online in a published unclass paper by a Navy officer at Army Command and Staff. I don't know what the fuck you thought I wanted to hear.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I trust professionals know where to draw the line. I didn't expect a comprehensive discussion. I was sure there was room for comment. I got through a 27 year career without any opesec violations. I understand. Lecture not required. BTW, rebuffed by my go to AW pros, I found all my answers online in a published unclass paper by a Navy officer at Army Command and Staff. I don't know what the fuck you thought I wanted to hear.
See, if only you had used the search function first, we could have avoided all this butt hurt.
First rule of AW's...

robav8r

None
Contributor
Wink - either it's time for happy hour in your corner of the world, or you're in need of a serious bowel movement :)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wink - either it's time for happy hour in your corner of the world, or you're in need of a serious bowel movement :)
I actually slept on it and still felt compelled. But for what it is worth, i am due a few drinks. I am at a 5 star resort all expenses paid and am heading down to the pool for reindeer games and libations. One way or the other, I will be in a different mood soon enough.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I actually slept on it and still felt compelled.

Wink I think part of the issue that CM isn't saying is that sometimes there's on-going ASW that can't always be talked about, and not always in the usual spots you'd expect. I'd actually be interested to hear if that was the case for you guys back in the day (and wouldn't be surprised if it was), but alas, not for a discussion here.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wink I think part of the issue that CM isn't saying is that sometimes there's on-going ASW that can't always be talked about, and not always in the usual spots you'd expect. I'd actually be interested to hear if that was the case for you guys back in the day (and wouldn't be surprised if it was), but alas, not for a discussion here.
Yes, of course it was. That is why I wouldn't have asked about current ops. That said, I am prepared to report on my just completed mission. The inner zone on datum 33.5074N 111.9498W has been swept of subsurface threats. PIM is 145degrees. I anticipate engaging surface threats in the next launch.