• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Well done Key West Hookers...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
VT 7/9 did great on the recent HST/Key West Det CarQual.

It was my only continuous carrier quals that I was fully qualified for, but it was a pleasure shooting the clown cars from the deck. It's good to be back, but I did enjoy the time. Nice patches too! :)

~d

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
VT 7/9 did great on the recent HST/Key West Det CarQual.

It was my only continuous carrier quals that I was fully qualified for, but it was a pleasure shooting the clown cars from the deck. It's good to be back, but I did enjoy the time. Nice patches too! :)

~d

You should have seen the patch that was denied. 100 years of hooking...You can probably figure out what it was.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Saw the Truman pull into Norfolk yesterday with a unnamed Texas based T-45 still on board. It looked so sad.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Last I heard they're supposed to be sling loading it off the deck this week. If I was closer it would probably be worth watching.

KBayDog

Chunks is chopper pilot. He don't need no hooks.

Rekless_No_Hook_Needed-front-large.jpg

GreenLantern330

Not gonna lie, I was totally expecting this to be about some outrageous story of some South Florida hookers going crazy with sailors in a port call or something like that.... I couldn't have been more wrong. I guess after growing up in SoFla I always expect the unexpected.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Last I heard they're supposed to be sling loading it off the deck this week. If I was closer it would probably be worth watching.

It'll probably turn out to be less exciting than you think- picture a crane, a tow tractor, wing walkers, brake rider, lots of base cops blocking off the street, and a looooong slooowwww movement evolution.

But I'm looking at it from a different perspective: the only time I've seen a T-45 craned off at the pier what I cared about most was I couldn't get to my parking spot on the waterfront. Sorry to get all debbie downer :)

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Our initial version was rejected, delaying the process. The revision dragged on into Chinese New Year, so this was VT-9's last minute entry.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I liked the Margaritiaville patch, and the Helo Vs Jets (of course).

I want the Blue and Yellow one.

LOL.

stickygdm

pilot
Crane off was very unexciting. Good news it didn't block mine or Ferris' parking spot on its way out! Yeah, we were tempted to take it for a spin but it sat quiet on the flight deck for the ride back to Norfolk. Great to see some familiar folks out there.