• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weighted pull-ups

phattygixxer

I have been at 20 pullups for quite some time but I did an OCS prep last weekend and after not sleeping and the stress and what not I did 19 on my pre-ship PFT. Obviously I have no reason to complain, but it sparked a desire to try and up my pull-ups beyond 20, so that under stress and fatigue I can still reach 20 without a problem. Here's a routine I found and I just wanted to share it:

http://www.oo-rah.com/Store/pt/pt0830.asp

That website has a lot of other good articles too. Enjoy.

zuggerat

phattygixxer said:
I have been at 20 pullups for quite some time but I did an OCS prep last weekend and after not sleeping and the stress and what not I did 19 on my pre-ship PFT. Obviously I have no reason to complain, but it sparked a desire to try and up my pull-ups beyond 20, so that under stress and fatigue I can still reach 20 without a problem. Here's a routine I found and I just wanted to share it:

http://www.oo-rah.com/Store/pt/pt0830.asp

That website has a lot of other good articles too. Enjoy.

i'm like the jackass who watches late night tv and cant help buying all the crap on the infomercials... ive tried all the programs... this ones real good too if anyone wants some real life sweaty reviews

Pags

N/A
pilot
Doing weighted pullups will help you to get over any sort of plateau you might have reached. It's a great way to break up the monotony of doing just pullups. You could also try going to a local climbing gym. A different way to get in a good workout.

AV8BQAR

Mech
Negatives helped me get to 17. Now I am lazy and just maintain 17 since I only have to do the stupid bent arm hang anyway.

Negatives=steady up and SLOOOW on the way down, to the point that you have no swing in your body at all.

I'm currently at 27 dead hangs, and the biggest helps for me have been weighted pull-ups (that article on oorah.com is great), negatives, doing my pull-ups in the middle of my workout, and finally doing my pull-ups as slowly as possible. By doing them in the middle of my workout my muscles are not fresh, but they aren't completely tired out. By doing them slowly during my workouts, I make sure I get a full range of motion, that way doing them for the PFT doesn't seem so bad because I can get into a rhythm.

One other suggestion for ending the monotony of pull-ups...use as many different grips as possible. Some of the ones I do: palms outboard, palms inboard, staggered (one palm each way), mountain climbers (rather than face the bar, stand so that you are looking down the length of the bar; grasp the bar with one hand facing each direction, then pull yourself up and alternate pulling your head on either side of the bar), towel pull-ups, close grip, and wide grip.