• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weekend Trouble

pjxc415

pilot
Hey all - I'm reporting to Meridian in a few weeks. I heard the party scene isn't too stellar and that most people leave town for the weekend. What are the hotspots? I've heard rumors of Tuscaloosa, Biloxi, Jackson, and of course good ol' Pcola, but no concrete information yet. Thank you.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hey all - I'm reporting to Meridian in a few weeks. I heard the party scene isn't too stellar and that most people leave town for the weekend. What are the hotspots? I've heard rumors of Tuscaloosa, Biloxi, Jackson, and of course good ol' Pcola, but no concrete information yet. Thank you.
Tuscaloosa during football season should be money. Pensacola when the weather gets warmer again. New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis, and Birmingham aren't bad trips.

pjxc415

pilot
There really something that good in Dallas that you would consider it a hotspot for Meridian students? Don't get me wrong - i've been to Austin - awesome town, cute girls, great music, sh*tty texas beer, but worthy of an 8 hour drive? questionable.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
There really something that good in Dallas that you would consider it a hotspot for Meridian students? Don't get me wrong - i've been to Austin - awesome town, cute girls, great music, sh*tty texas beer, but worthy of an 8 hour drive? questionable.

My girlfriend was there. Priorities.....priorities.

The commute is much better now that we're married.;)

oyoudummy

pilot
As a heads up, Dalewood Lake used to be a pretty good time on the weekend when I was there, but the current Commo would ban sna's from living there if he could due to recent events. I know the married guys who lived in base housing had a lot of block parties and such, obviously not the place to meet ladies though...

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
There's one or two places around here, but not much for the 'social' life unless you hit Tuscaloosa. It's college and a great time, did it several weekends. Nashville is a little bit more of a hike but worth it as well. Amtrak has a train down to N'awlins for 34 bucks.. Leaves at night and returns at 7AM, take a nap and ,errrr, find a place (read excellent social skills) / bar to stay at until your train arrives (ultimate escape excuse, minus leaving your arm in N.O.). Basically, it sucks in Meridian but there grows a certain charm of disgust after living here for awhile.

Decent Bars:

Weidmann's : Hit or miss
Echo Lounge: No chicks, bar hall with two pool tables and dirty looks
Crescent City: 'Cause there's nothing else to do
Your Place: Hahahahahahahahahahaa

The restaurants are slowly improving, get your haircut at the squadron to learn more...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a heads up, Dalewood Lake used to be a pretty good time on the weekend when I was there, but the current Commo would ban sna's from living there if he could due to recent events.
Huh??? I heard the ΣNA house went under, but who screwed that one away? Or was the local chapter of Racist Neanderthals Anonymous involved? Supposedly there was quite a contingent up Dalewood way.