• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Website updgrades in the near future

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My point on the drama thing was this (and thanks for making it for me Flash)...

Someone posted something you didn't like so you both felt the need to chime in and right the ship or show solidarity for your like-minded forum friends. Webmaster just posted that everyone is free to express their views but by attempting to squash someone's post or thought process you attempt to silence that poster or make them get in line with your line of thinking.

So some dude jokes with BzB and R1 comes out of left field with a nicely worded STFU

Am I the only one (left) that sees how that behavior molds and changes who posts here? Did some of y'all not berate A-4s for behaving similarly in the past?

Pot meet kettle...

Actually I was trying to gently ding R1 for jumping on OscarMeyers, it was a lighthearted joke on OM's part and I thought R1 took it a bit too seriously. My 'joke' was intended to point out R1 was an old dude too and could fall asleep at his keyboard as well. Who doesn't like picking on old folks? ;) The next one was another ding at him for telling 'us' to get a room, timely I thought. Clear as mud now?

Seriously, this is the internets. Sometimes shit gets misinterpreted and sometimes people go over the top but at the end of the day we walk away from the computer and go back to real life, hopefully. It is a virtual 'ready room' though and a bit of a free for all, nothgin personal intended.

As for A4s, I try not to question people's character or patriotism just because I don't agree with them. Both he regularly did.

BleedGreen

pilot
I probably have the least room to talk around here but I sure hope every sarcastic comment doesn't need a three page explanation behind it.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why, oh why does almost everydude seem to be so easily offended by readyroom joking & banter, even when smilies are used? It wasn't that long ago that this phenomenon started, not only here in AW, and on the 'net', but in daily life as well. Every day I see friends/strangers taking offense to things said, innocent joking or deeds that wouldn't have batted an eye not too long ago. Are we collectively losing our senses of humor (not just here, but across our country)? I'm throttling back a bit as previously stated, let's all take a deep breath, check closer on the smilies, and don't take what used to be RR banter so seriously. You can certainly disagree with this, but I think a lot of the uneasiness across the country, lies in worry about our country's future... especially for our kids, Grands..and beyond. JMHO!:confused:
BzB

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Questions:
1. Will the new upgrade give us the ability to SAVE a half-finished post when we have to leave it for some reason, then come back later/next day... finish & post? If we can do that already, I sure don't know how, duh.:oops:

Yes. Probably one of the better features in the next release.

Auto save drafts
While you are typing a message, every X seconds (currently 60), a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.
Each draft is associated with a particular piece of content, such as a thread, forum, or conversations. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown to thread 2 and so forth.

2. What/where is the magic edit button to change profile signature?:rolleyes:
BzB

While logged in. Click on your name on the top right, the drop down menu appears, click on SIGNATURE. That will take you to the edit page. Here is the direct link:

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?account/signature

Hope that helps,

John

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
You can certainly disagree with this, but I think a lot of the uneasiness across the country, lies in worry about our country's future... especially for our kids, Grands..and beyond. JMHO!:confused:
BzB

Strongly agree - I maintain a few facebook pages for air show performers and there has been a big drop off in the last few weeks as far as participation/traffic. I think folks are a lot more worried about "things" than they are letting on.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
You should see if you could add a Butthurt meter like the positive ratings meter, just so you have a gauge of when people might potentially leave and start an insurgent website. Just sayin'

...too soon?

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
You should see if you could add a Butthurt meter like the positive ratings meter, just so you have a gauge of when people might potentially leave and start an insurgent website. Just sayin'

...too soon?

Or people could just stop being dicks...

OM was joking. The AW self appointed sheriff was not.