• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

We were promised jetpacks

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I would be interested in getting a civilian version jet pack of some sort...my 1999 Manco mini-bike is getting pretty old...and it has a bent fork [long story]...
How about an Ask Max Skybike. It's probably at least as dangerous as a 2015 hoverboard.

(I know what you're thinking... how the hell did he remember that obscure TV movie?? The answer is I don't really know, it just popped in my head.)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Bike helmets are fine. So are ski helmets or climbing helmets. But they don’t allow you to talk to the DDG, now do they?
It's funny that you think the helo helmet let's you talk with the boat. Sure, it gives you the capability but it also requires the ship to know how to turn on it's radios and answer them. Otherwise better hope the jetpack has enough gas to let you hover off the bridge wing while giving universal hand signals or shooting pencil flares.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
It's funny that you think the helo helmet let's you talk with the boat. Sure, it gives you the capability but it also requires the ship to know how to turn on it's radios and answer them. Otherwise better hope the jetpack has enough gas to let you hover off the bridge wing while giving universal hand signals or shooting pencil flares.
Funny you mention it, there’s a Brit video of a jetpack dude flying out and around a M/Y with spectators, and it doesn’t appear there were any comms other than body language.

edit, found it:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Funny you mention it, there’s a Brit video of a jetpack dude flying out and around a M/Y with spectators, and it doesn’t appear there were any comms other than body language.

edit, found it:
That beret must be glued to his hair, that thing isn't moving.