• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Water Survival / Dunker Course - JAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

satpak77

Hello

Does anyone have a point of contact at the Water Survival / Dunker Course JAX that can possibly locate some training records, regarding participation in approximately 2004.

Thank You

Renegade One

None
Hello...regarding participation in approximately 2004.
Your business, obviously, but is there any context for wanting to dig up 9-year old training records?

The qual's expired, so you can't argue (I don't think…) "Hey, I already did that…".

If you're experiencing some long-term physical effects that may be related to that training, then you have the contact info, courtesy of ea6bflyr. Good luck…hope they can document your participation.

satpak77

my place's training section went digitized. they can't find past documentation I went, and they placed the burden on us (each pilot) to cough up the documentation. So.....

Renegade One

None
my place's training section went digitized. they can't find past documentation I went, and they placed the burden on us (each pilot) to cough up the documentation. So.....
Uh…again…why spend a lot of time digging up expired quals that took place before the earth's crust cooled? Who cares now and why would it matter? I'm obviously missing something…or "someone" is trying to turn "their" job into "your" job.

If it really matters, it matters, I guess. If it doesn't really matter…how about this:

MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD

Subject aviator has attested that he participated in standard U.S. Navy Aviation Physiology/Water Survival Training at NAS Jacksonville in 2004, including all aspects of Water Survival and Helicopter Egress Training (e.g., "Helo Dunker"). A search of available records, including those of the Aviation Survival Training Center, Jacksonville, FL has yielded no relevant documentation.

In view of subject aviator's attestation, this command accepts the fact of that partipation/qualification as a matter of record.

This memorandum shall be attached to subject aviators Training and Qualification Jacket as a part of his permanent record.

Renegade One

None
The Navy taking your word on something without documentation? Hah. That's a good one!
Okay…I think you're wrong…but let's consider OP's possible "Plan B":
[Again for context, we're talking about an expired qual…unless some employers consider these "good for lifetime"…cuz I have no idea...]

Employer: "Sorry Dude, but if you can't document it, you have to do it all over again…"

OP: "Throw me in that Briar Patch, Boss…I've done my homework and the nearest ATSC is at Miramar, CA. So I get 3-4 nights in the Gaslamp, maybe a Padre game or two, and get to paddle around the pool for a day or two? Sign me up!"

Or words/thoughts to that effect...:)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Again for context, we're talking about an expired qual…unless some employers consider these "good for lifetime"…cuz I have no idea...

Yeah, this was my thought, too.

Fleet NATOPS has actually directed us to purge all expired Swim Phys docs from NATOPS jackets, since it's worthlessly taking up space.

I cannot conceive of a reason why you'd need to prove you attended a training 9 years ago which expired 5 years ago.

"Sir, we don't have your training record from a decade ago, when you were an ENS and at a different command."
"Do you have my current qual paperwork?"
"Yes, we do."
"Then we're done here."

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm obviously missing something…or "someone" is trying to turn "their" job into "your" job.

It's entirely possible this guy is non-DoD but went through water survival at JAX for some USG organization, whose admin procedures vary from our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.