• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

wasaaaappppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

drewzx6r

Hey guys I am new to the forum. First, I would like to thank all of you who serve or have served. I am a Sophmore Biology major at U of M. I decided to go apply for NROTC so I can serve my country and make something better of myself. I am pushing towards pilot or aviation officer, so to all of you who fly, you inspire me greatly. As of now I am in the application process and look forward to what lies ahead. (And yes, I know I will have to double up on some naval science classes, since I am joining as a Sophmore.) So thank you guys for all the information you have provided on this forum, and thank you for serving!

drewzx6r

Yes I have thought about it, but I do not mind doubling up, as long as its not like chemisty,lol. Being a Bio major I think I can handle most classes :/

JTB7

Talk to the officers at U of wherever your going. Try to get advanced standing/scholarship, take calc/physics and what is layed out for a scholarship student doing NROTC, and do well in both your classes and NROTC. Its going to be harder for you to catch-up starting two years late. You can try for advanced standing or I would almost advise you to focus on getting a getting good grades/going to OCS rather than starting so late as NROTC does take a solid 15+ hours a week.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I knew several people who joined the NROTC program as sophomores....didn't really end up being an issue. You might have to do part of a 5th year to get all of your NS and other classes done, but normally your unit will work with you on that (even if it means paying out of pocket for a couple terms). Good luck and welcome!

Hawk12

None
We had a sophomore join and he doubled up on his NS classes during his first year, he was treated as a freshman for his first year and attended freshman orientation. After his first year picked up advanced standing (I believe is only avalible to people who've taken 4 NS classes) and was bumped into the junior class for his second year. The two year scholarship sounds like the way to go, I'd talk to some MIDN there to find out the difficulty of the NS classes before doubling up, they seem to vary quite a bit.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
The NROTC classes are not a huge demand on your time. I graduated in 3 years, had to double up on classes, took several 20 hour semesters... It's manageable...

You know your major better than I do so I wont advise you on the specifics but come up with a degree plan that allows you to take easier classes on those semesters that you are taking 18+ credits...