• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Was There A Boat This Week??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Interrogative: was there a TRACOM BOAT this past week?? I seem to have picked up on some of you indicating such an event was taking place ....

If so; how did it go overall??? All the bases??

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
there was a T-45 and C-2 at Mayport Thursday/Friday, for what it's worth. Maybe related to a boat-ex or maybe just coincidence. On an aside that same C-2 had to come back for an arrested landing at Mayport... Everything worked out ok from what my helo pilot eyes could see. lots of firetrucks and flashing lights all over the place; a little drama on a Thursday evening.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
There was a boat doing tracom CQs earlier this week... I can't remember which boat though.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
there was a T-45 and C-2 at Mayport Thursday/Friday, for what it's worth. Maybe related to a boat-ex or maybe just coincidence. On an aside that same C-2 had to come back for an arrested landing at Mayport... Everything worked out ok from what my helo pilot eyes could see. lots of firetrucks and flashing lights all over the place; a little drama on a Thursday evening.
T-45s, at least when I was there, staged out of Cecil but bingoed to NRB because it was closer.

FastMover

NFO
None
I hear the wx is kicking their butt. not a lot of finishers...

The winds have been really high around here this weekend. The Jax weather guessers on the news were saying gusts between 40-50 MPH on Saturday. There was also a huge storm that moved through the area on Friday that spawned a couple of tornadoes.

02Navy05VT

Hypertension Anyone?
My kid is one of the guys CQing on the TR :eek:

We haven't heard from him though so we are assuming they are still at it.

The other one is doing the same thing on the GW for the past few weeks, but with a bigger plane :icon_mi_1

MasterBates

I just got a report back as I was driving back from South Padre, WOD was 45ish kts at one point, and they were on Wx hold due to strong winds again.

Have not heard of any DQs yet. I do know of 2 guys who qualed, and will be winging on Friday here in Krock.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's been fun out there the last few days. Nasty weather canx'ed a whole day and high winds made others sporty. Plenty of CD2XX bingo's on the radio a few days ago, but seems to be going ok now. I've been hittin' the other ship though so my perception could be off...

FastMover

NFO
None
The local news reported this morning that a sailor on the TR was killed this weekend when he sustained a head injury while the ship was operating in heavy seas. No name has been released yet.:(

Link

KSUFLY

pilot
The local news reported this morning that a sailor on the TR was killed this weekend when he sustained a head injury while the ship was operating in heavy seas. No name has been released yet.:(

Link

I was waiting for it to be printed in the news. Sad to hear. RIP.

Ex Rigger

pilot
Yep, just got back last night! Most amazing experience of my life hands down. I qualled but at least half of the guys never even got to suit up. I don't know my grades yet, only that I qualled. Had several bolters but few if any no grades so it shouldn't be too bad. Can't wait to do it again in a grey jet!

Still hard to believe that we lost the sailor. I feel bad because the kid would have never died if they weren't out there turning the ship every which direction trying to hunt winds down for us. Prayers for him and his family.