• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WarriorTalk.com

FlyinRock

Here is a forum that is loaded with people who know what they are talking about when it comes to firearms, defense, CQB, weapons and a myriad of subjects. There are also a lot of christians who are for real tough guys and not afraid to take it on.
May or not be for you but its an alternative to peruse. I know many of the people personally from over the years and they are genuine. I invite you to go take a look and comment.
Flyinrock

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Just checked out a few random threads there. Looks like a pretty interesting site. Not as much out-of-the-ass talking as ar15.com. But then again that assessment is after 3 minutes of random reading. Although go to ar15.com and 3 minutes of random reading is enough...

Thanks for the link. I will invest some time.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Just checked out a few random threads there. Looks like a pretty interesting site. Not as much out-of-the-ass talking as ar15.com. But then again that assessment is after 3 minutes of random reading. Although go to ar15.com and 3 minutes of random reading is enough...

Thanks for the link. I will invest some time.

I look forward to looking around over there as well.

Slammer I think you know this but for others....AR15.com does have a well earned rep as being a wannabe hang out. That said, IMHO their AR15 tech forums are outstanding, the best in the business. I've made many many purchases (weapons, parts and ammo) on their Equipment Exchange over the years with not one problem. Their Deployed Forum was a Godsend during my kids adventure in the sand box. It's a HUGE site with reams of helpful info. If I have a black rifle question I can get it answered in minutes over there.

Just don't let the 20,000 idiots in General Discussion ruin it for you because they will. :D

Thread jack over......

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Here is a forum that is loaded with people who know what they are talking about when it comes to firearms, defense, CQB, weapons and a myriad of subjects. There are also a lot of christians who are for real tough guys and not afraid to take it on.
May or not be for you but its an alternative to peruse. I know many of the people personally from over the years and they are genuine. I invite you to go take a look and comment.
Flyinrock

Great find Rock. Gabe Suarez seems to be very involved (or more) in the site and that's good enough for me. I picked up some great tips on fighting my Saiga 12

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...That said, IMHO their AR15 tech forums are outstanding, the best in the business. I've made many many purchases (weapons, parts and ammo) on their Equipment Exchange over the years with not one problem. Their Deployed Forum was a Godsend during my kids adventure in the sand box. It's a HUGE site with reams of helpful info. If I have a black rifle question I can get it answered in minutes over there.

Just don't let the 20,000 idiots in General Discussion ruin it for you because they will. :D

Thread jack over......

Oh I believe it. You just gotta skim some shit out of the top layer first :D

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I'm not sure I would like to chat it up with a bunch of Christian Tough guys...I think I'll pass.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I'm not sure I would like to chat it up with a bunch of Christian Tough guys...I think I'll pass.

Just don't piss'em off enough to make them shoot at you. Unlike Hadji those guys have God on their side AND they know how to shoot.

FlyinRock

Why not? Afraid they'll teach you something? I use profanity as appropriate and they don't mind it. None of them push religion at me
nor chastise me for my unchristian speech. Bunch of tough fuckers if you want to challenge them. I call them Gods Avenging Angels.
At the same time, they are willing to help with any kinds of problems you come up with and different viewpoints without telling you to praise Jesus or anyone else.
The forum is equally divided with devout and not so devout but all with the same goal of freedom to practice as they see fit. Some of the most devout are some of the most dangerous in terms of training, character, and ability.
Live and let live but if you impinge on my way of life or pursuits of happiness, I'll send you to hell in a heartbeat. Isn't that what most of us want? I'm a pacifist trained to enforce my right to be a pacifist.
Semper Fi
Rocky

yak52driver

Contributor
Why not? Afraid they'll teach you something? I use profanity as appropriate and they don't mind it. None of them push religion at me
nor chastise me for my unchristian speech. Bunch of tough fuckers if you want to challenge them. I call them Gods Avenging Angels.
At the same time, they are willing to help with any kinds of problems you come up with and different viewpoints without telling you to praise Jesus or anyone else.
The forum is equally divided with devout and not so devout but all with the same goal of freedom to practice as they see fit. Some of the most devout are some of the most dangerous in terms of training, character, and ability.
Live and let live but if you impinge on my way of life or pursuits of happiness, I'll send you to hell in a heartbeat. Isn't that what most of us want? I'm a pacifist trained to enforce my right to be a pacifist.
Semper Fi
Rocky

That is one of the best quotes I've ever heard...

FMRAM

Great find Rock. Gabe Suarez seems to be very involved (or more) in the site and that's good enough for me. I picked up some great tips on fighting my Saiga 12

I took a look at a Saiga 12 in one of the local gun shops. They were asking $580. What do you think, good price?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I took a look at a Saiga 12 in one of the local gun shops. They were asking $580. What do you think, good price?

These days anything under $600 is a good price. I own 2 and IMHO they are worth $600. I'd have a problem going much higher though. It's a lot of fun and blazing fast.

FMRAM

It's the bare-bones model w/o the pistol grip. I believe it comes with one 5 round mag. Don't have the cash right now. :(

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
It's the bare-bones model w/o the pistol grip. I believe it comes with one 5 round mag. Don't have the cash right now. :(

I have one that's already converted and a bare bones one that I'm going to convert myself. Maybe I should say try to convert. I'll probably get half way thru it and chicken out.