• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Warrior Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

So I got a call from my friend Eric Today ("Spin" from this site). He left a voicemail telling me to come down for warriorday. Unfortunately the message was cut short. What is it? What do you guys do? Who can come down? When? etc.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Good deal if you can get it. You will fire an M-16 on burst a 203 see TBS which you will eventually be at. Eat an MRE cruise the NATO O-course. Lots of static displays with duty experts standing by to ask questions because your buddy sure won't know anything. Usually a 53 and 46 maybe a huey you can climb in and finger f*ck. Ride in an AMTRACK good deal for you go if you can.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Look on the TBS website. There are plenty of pics - it began as a way for wives to gain appreciation for the USMC, but evolved to family/friends. I got my dad (a retired Navy F-4 NFO) to come out, he had a blast and finally found out why I was always so obsessed with wearing a green t-shirt vs. all that colorful **** the Navy guys wear.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Sup reap,

I'm gonna call u tonight ..... u gotta come down for warrior day ... u will have a good time. Things are cool down here ..... haven't been on this site for a while cause I had some trouble logging on with a MAC but I'm back.

Lata,

Spin

reapergm

IT WAS AWESOME!!! Had alot of fun. They had a night vision display, martial arts demo, 46 and 53 you could go in, weapons on display, AV ride (that what its called?), and rifle range. Got 10 shots (semi, not burst) on the 16, and a shot of the 203. Was awesome!! They were doing a demo on the rifle range. Sgt shot off a smoke grenade into a brush. Jackarse was talking about safety and its importance when the brush caught fire. It spread really fast and took like 30 mins to put out. Really funny, watching all the new Lt.'s trying to stomp it out. Anyone who gets the opportunity to go should. Had a great time, and really motivating. Thanks Spin. - Reaps

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
"Sgt shot off a smoke grenade into a brush. Jackarse was talking about safety and its importance when the brush caught fire. It spread really fast and took like 30 mins to put out. Really funny, watching all the new Lt.'s trying to stomp it out."
SGT's arent stupid and I am sure that "jackarse" shot that grenade into the weeds intentionally. Probably enjoyed the Lt's little fire drill. :icon_rage

reapergm

Im not saying all SGTs are jacka$$es... But the Sgt. giving the demonstration dug out a specific spot in the field for the otherone to throw the grenade in. So the one that tossed it MIGHT have been trying to piss off the new Lts, or maybe he just didnt listen well. So please dont get so angry, Im not calling all Sgt.s names.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Dude you better grow some thicker skin. I am not angry by any stretch I was merely pointing out the enlisted humor in the potentially "accidental" placement of the pyrotechnic. Glad to hear you enjoyed the outing. Keep plugin away at school and try not to become brainwashed and oversensative in that liberal wasteland that is college.

reapergm

Sorry towbubba, read it as if you were angry... as if it were to become another enlisted/officer argument. My skin is pretty thick. I dont get angry or too offended of the internet so no worries. Eitherway.. it was funny to watch!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
They should have let the sucker burn...would make landnav a helluva lot easier without all this damned brush.

SFgirl

I had a blast at Warrior Day... I was just reviewing the posts in this section and saw y'all had mentioned something about that little fire... I was in the stands and saw it... just funny what a small world this really is ! :)

PS- I really like the little Tabascos in the MREs ... nice touch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.