• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War protester...funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
LMAO!!!!!!!!! that's great...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
The following statement does not reflect my views on politics or current events, it is just a statement:

Protesting a war does not make someone a *****.

...just my two cents

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

soulshaker14

I'm not into political debates; but as far as I'm concerned, if you're into protesting wars (or defending those who do), maybe you're on the wrong message board (www.air*WARRIORS*.com). Perhaps you should try one of the more liberal, "left wing" sites instead. All I can really do is speak for myself - I've been serving my country for over 6 years now; it doesn't matter to me what people think or do. But if anyone EVER spits in my face because they don't "believe" in what we're doing abroad (think Vietnam), diplomacy will instantly go right out the window. That's MY two cents.

room5047

people who think that spitting in servicepersons' faces is a legitimate form of policy protest are obviously morons. and servicepersons who think that anyone who disagrees with public policy is a no-good commie who ought to be ground into dust are also morons. there is no black and white on issues like this, but there is one certainty - that those who chose to serve are, as a result of their profession, supposed to stay publicly apolitical as much as possible, and for good reason: because even reasonable people, who share a love of country and sense of higher purpose, can have reasonable disagreements as to what that entails. that's a principle we are forsworn to support and defend.

for my part, i think that when we as (aspiring) servicepeople throw cartoons like this one around admiringly, we just give cynics and hard core critics that much more ammo to use against we who serve: "they're insensitive, conservative, impulsive, etc etc."

and although we claim to be warriors by profession, we don't have to - nor should we aspire to - love war; we just have to make damn sure we're good at waging and WINNING it.

show me your WAARRRR face!

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
soulshaker14-

How can you say that I'm a liberal ?? And what makes you think I'm into protesting wars?? Did you not read the disclaimer I put in my post?

room5047 -
thanks for the words of wisdom and for being the voice of reason

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

Meridiani

Guys, I wasn't trying to make a political statement. I just thought it was a funny pic. Heck, I'm not even a conservative. I have nothing against protesting or free speech. It's just a JOKE! I swear, some of you people are so easy to rile up.
boring_125.gif

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Originally posted by Meridiani
Guys, I wasn't trying to make a political statement. I just thought it was a funny pic. Heck, I'm not even a conservative. I have nothing against protesting or free speech. It's just a JOKE! I swear, some of you people are so easy to rile up.
boring_125.gif

True...guess I'm guilty of that

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

kimphil

Dude, your link doesn't work anymore. In any case it wasn't funny and I'm sure Tommy Franks wouldn't have liked it very much either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

kimphil

Originally posted by patbrown08
Lighten up, Francis!

Zut alors!

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

privateer

Wear you politics on you sleeves like someone will care. Nobody will but you. Nothing in life is above criticism or humor or as I prefer, critical humor. Lighten up, OCS will kill you if you take things too seriously ya bunch of goofballs. As for you Mr. Room, some do love war and thank God for them. I am glad there are those who will gladly eat foreign babies for sport. You know what they say, "it takes all types." Just something to think about, identity comes from within. Don't put yourself above everyone else because you serve or aspire to do so. It can all be taken away oh so quickly. Then you are left without a horse to take you off into the sunset.

kimphil

Hey, I'm all for risque (French word of the day!) humor. Just make it funny, otherwise its just offensive.
propeller_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.