• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wants to Join Navy BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izkid

I am currently a college sophomore interested in joining the Navy and going to OCS. Can someone just tell me how it all works? The career path I was looking into is Public Affairs or perhaps Intelligence but I am still new to this. I wanted to go through with my college education but be all set to go in when i graduate in 2007, for BDCP what do I have to do to join. I am sure my college does not offer it but I am wiling to transfer...i just have SO many questions lol...
Izzy

navsup

BDCP Supply
Hi Izkid, Welcome to the site. Cruise around and you will find plenty of info..

BDCP is offered at any 4 year accredited college. Its actually no offered by the college. Its all through the recruiter, as long as you are enrolled at a 4 year college..

According to my recruiter, public affairs is not offered through BDCP.

PAth
take the test to get your Officer apptitude rating
fill out apps.
wait to get accepted

You have to have 2 years of school finished and be able to graduate within 2 years unless its a technical degree (engineering) You can start taking the test now but cant drop your application package until your 2 years are finished

Izkid

thanks for the info, i m pretty much obsessed with being prepared and knowing all i can about anything i do o this is all excellent. the job i REALLY want is CTI but i dont know much about how to get in there, i gues the first thin to do is speak to a recruiter bu is it too early to do tht yet since i am only at the begining of my sophomore year? i know for a fact i want to be in the Navy, but the career at this point is flexible for me, i want to be happy in what i do and have a job i will not ed up hating, but as for what that is oyet i dont know. Becoming an Officer just seemed liek a good path to go for me since i am big on schooling and more so intellectual things (not saying i coulnt do it as enlisted, i am still not closed to going in enlisted). but yeah, i m just looking around on here, excellent forum!
izzy

navsup

BDCP Supply
NO its definetly not too early. This will give you plenty of time to do some research. to make sure you have all the facts. I started the same time you did. then dropped my package in that may and swore in the following october

ducam23

Supply Corps - BDCP 2007
there was some bad gouge in navsup's post. you can be with in three years of graduating and do bdcp if you have a technical major. I'm a soph to and I put my package in July 20 so I should be hearing back soon. If your a technical major get on your app right away so you can send it off as soon as possible. Good luck.

navsup

BDCP Supply
ducam23 said:
there was some bad gouge in navsup's post. you can be with in three years of graduating and do bdcp if you have a tech degree Good luck.

ducam, Just wanted to point out that I did mention that in my post. please go back and read it. it was a punctuation mistake on my part. I meant to write "unless it is a tech degree. (period) Sorry for the confusion. I was typing a little bit to fast. :icon_mi_1

Definetly if you have a tech degree get that application in now so you can get the ball rolling. Good luck. Also wanted to mention, that the arco book is a good study guide, but may not be updated yet for the new versions of the test. I havent seen those so I dont know how different they are. I believe there is info about them in another thread.

Navsup

Izkid

my degree is as non technicl as you can get, I am majeeorieng in secondary education with a focus in fine arts. I definately will call and speak to a Recruiter on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.