• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanted: T-34 for X-Plane sim

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
The links in the old thread no longer go anywhere, and I've had no luck in x-plane forums, so I figured there's bound to be a fellow x-plane flyer on the Airwarrior interweb who's already got what I'm looking for. If that's you, please hook me up. Any T-34 will do, though I'm somewhat partial to the T-34C. thank you.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
no it wont. X Plane can't replicate the sound of hampsters running on wheels behind the panel. Also, the plane won't have nearly enough things broken on it to possibly be realistic.

ha, just taking a little friendly jab at the turboweenie.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Don't forget to pour some JP-5 into your trashcan and light it on fire to get the nice smoke fumes, and turn your heat up all the way in your apt, and take every belt you have and use it to strap yourself into your chair, and also get your local beefcake to push your around once and a while for turbulence. That is of course if you want to really chair fly...

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
i was also thinking i'd get someone to yell at me and smack me with a kneeboard while reeking of booze to simulate an IP... hmmm suppose i could just pay a hooker to do that.:D

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
nerds.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
is really useful for me

How ever did you even have time to read it as you posted 8 posts in 6 minutes with embedded spam for your Chinese business connection. No doubt it was useful for you though as you lay embedded spam across AW from CHINANET CHONGQING PROVINCE NETWORK. Be gone.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Just out of curiosity what are your system specs? I've been thinking about getting X-plane mostly to just land the F4 on the carrier, but my system just barely meets the minimums. I think it might run too crappy to enjoy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't try to run XPlane on a minimalist system. I don't know much about the graphics card aspect of pcs/macs, but the refresh rate can get bogged down on a system that doesn't have enough graphics go juice, and trying to fly a sim on 3 frames a second vice 30 can be twitchy, annoying, and less than fun.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Short answer is:
X-Plane is the better simulater
FSX may be a better game, but to each his own. It's also prettier on a ninja system. Download the demo and give it a shot.

Click on the link for a good description of X-Plane. It's interesting how the "blade element theory" works v. performance tables as used in other games.