• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want to add weight training to armstrongs routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator4000

Crowbar said:
Because what works for you obviously works for everyone else in the world. Now I see.

Not at all, but you have to take into account Physiology. Doing pull ups twice a week is my OPINION, but it is damn good advice. I have tried training many different ways and I can tell you right now that every serious weight trainer I know believes lifting twice a week is optimal for strength and endurance in the muscle. If your goal is size once a week is optimal. I do all large muscle groups once a week and my strength is great, but when I was younger (building up my strength) I hit those muscle groups twice a week.

You may even read powerlifting magazines were some guys will work the same muscle group 3 times a week, but I seriously doubt that you will hear about somebody working the same muscle group 5 times a week. As far as doing it 3 times a week, I have tried it and it does not work for me personally. My guess is that these guys doing the same movement 3 times in a week are juicin it anyway or they are just superhuman and heal fast.

Do what you like but I was just giving my opinion which is what was asked. I wasn't trying to sound like a know it all because I don't know it all. But I do know what the hell I am talking about when it comes to weight training.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Didn't Captain Armstrong, who developed the routine, set the world record for pull-ups back in the day? I would contend that the Armstrong routine is a very specialized tool and is good for its intended purpose: increasing numbers of pullups. Don't apply it looking for size or general strength gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.