• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanna be Pilot

benderMI

Good afternoon, hopefully, this post is in the right place. This is my first post so if I need to post an intro somewhere please let me know, otherwise, I'll do it here.

I've come to seek the knowledge of this boards members to see If I am a competitive applicant for Navy Aviator. I have already found a wealth of study materials for the ATSB-E and will be taking in about a month. Some of the weaker points that I would like to address are my cumulative GPA, lack of navy references, lack of documents from my AD time. I had great ASVAB scores and have been doing decent on ATSB practice exams. I also have allocated close to 4 hours a day to study until test time. So without being overzealous, I would like to think I could get 6/6/6 at a minimum.

Stats:
-25 years old, 26 this summer.
-Graduate August 1st with a Bachelors of Applied Science - Public Safety OVERALL GPA 3.05, however, my last 60 credits have maintained a 3.72 GPA. Should this be addressed in my letter of intent?
-I did 4 years active duty in the USAF and then close to 2 years in the guard. Honorable discharge with good RE codes, however, I only ever had 1 evaluation in that entire time. I enlisted as wannabe operator and broke my hip in training, took 2 years before I got reclassed to be a medical technician ( A school for corpsman).
-I have 20 hours of student pilot time and have another 50 scheduled by the end of April. If weather and check ride workout I'd anticipate having my PPL at that point.
-Professionally as a civilian, I have worked as a Paramedic and currently, work in Afghanistan as a contractor. This means that I could plenty of good letters of recommendation, however, none of them have to do with aviation.

Why do I want to be Navy Pilot?

Good question, to keep it short, I like the experience of flying, my dad was hornet tech and then commissioned but never got the chance to fly so there is some family aspect involved. The Navy seems like a more attainable goal than staying with the Air Force. The Guard doesn't really interest me, it's not about making it to the airlines, I want the chance to fly Hornets.

Finally, if you're all still with me, I have no legal history, maintain both a DOD and DOS security clearance, and although medical is always a possible hiccup I have passed a flight physical in the past 5 years and still maintain good eyesight.

Thanks for reading, please be honest and if possible give guidance on where I can focus my improvements.

Bender

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks for reading, please be honest and if possible give guidance on where I can focus my improvements.

Less talking and more learning. Not to sound like a dick but there’s tons of resources around here to learn the tips and strategies for applying such as how to study for the ASTB and what’s considered competitive for submission.

I get that you’re motivated to join but no speech was needed. Learn the ropes, apply, and good luck.

benderMI

Less talking and more learning. Not to sound like a dick but there’s tons of resources around here to learn the tips and strategies for applying such as how to study for the ASTB and what’s considered competitive for submission.

I get that you’re motivated to join but no speech was needed. Learn the ropes, apply, and good luck.

Clear, I have seem your posts around and appreciate your input. Will advise my ASTB scores when it is completed in the appropriate forum. My current job I got off of a forum and so therefore wanted to throw a post up here to start networking. My biggest obstacle will be getting LORs that carry enough weight. I see many candidates with O5s and above and I simply don't have those connections. Any retired brass live in Michigan or Kabul care for a coffee?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Clear, I have seem your posts around and appreciate your input. Will advise my ASTB scores when it is completed in the appropriate forum. My current job I got off of a forum and so therefore wanted to throw a post up here to start networking. My biggest obstacle will be getting LORs that carry enough weight. I see many candidates with O5s and above and I simply don't have those connections. Any retired brass live in Michigan or Kabul care for a coffee?

Boards don’t really care about your LORs - it’s all about the ASTB exam.