• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waivers?

amattson12

I was selected for SNA BDCP for 2008. At MEPS I was recommended for a waiver, for a surgery I had when I was ten months old. I have been waiting for over a month for a decision on the waiver.

Does this seem like a long time or is this normal?

wrk

I'm not sure how the whole thing works, but are you asking the relevant people if your waiver has been granted, or have you just not heard anything? You may want to start asking because if they've somehow lost your waiver request or something, asking them will at least let you know that they've recieved it, and are working on it. I can't tell you how many people I know who've had medical lose their entire flight physical or various other important medical documents. Might be a good idea to make some phone calls.

sundevil

Yeah,

I went through the whole waiver deal with PRK and it is a real hassel. First I had to get the waiver to get through MEPS, then they had to "reapprove" it once I was at OCS (which didnt happen until the last week). Its always really vague how this works. Sometimes it seems medical is just a black hole you throw this stuff into. Def. stay on them to find out what is going on. But it does take time with these things so keep that in mind too.

amattson12

they already lost half of my medical paperwork. I had submitted everything and about two weeks later they called and said to resend it. I resent everything about 3.5 weeks ago and i still haven't heard anything. My recruiter has been making phone calls to find out what is going on, but i hope i hear something soon.

Thanks.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
be patient. I had to get a disease I had at 5 years old approved. The doc recommended a waiver then told me not to worry. I happily waited for final select. A month later I was then told I needed a new blood test to confirm I was asymptomatic (almost 16 years after the face..) and until then I was temporarily NPQ, so I got the blood test. Two months later, I found out I was final select.

Paperwork moves at a snail's pace, but just make sure everything got to where it needed to go, and then wait patiently for a response. If it takes any longer than 3 months to get final select from MEPS then I'd be surprised. (assuming you have everything else taken care of).

amattson12

thanks for all the help, but the wait is over. Received the waiver and i'm waiting on my recruiter to get the paperwork. Thanks again.