• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver question.

mike0313

I am prior enlisted and am not dealing well in civilian life. I was an 0313 (LAV crewman) from 1999-2003. I did not go to Iraq because I was deployed to Okinawa (CAB, camp Schwab).

After leaving active duty, I attended civilian flight training. I got all ratings up to multi engine/instrument instructor. I realize that a lot of guys look down on civian flight training, but I learned a lot, quickly. I then began attending Embry Riddle's exended campus, where I have 75 out of 120 hours required for a bachelor's degree in professional aeronautics.

I have 2 problems, first I am 27 as of oct 23, 2004. Second, during the first year of my enlistment, I was ua for 33 days because I was a stupid kid, stuck in BMP (boot camp, after graduation because of injury), and homesick. I was eventualy promoted to corporal, and recieved a good conduct medal and certificate of comendation. I can also count on members of my command for letters of reccomendation.

Is this waiverable? Is it mathmatically possible for me to be a Marine Aviatior? If not, I will still be willing to serve as a gorund officer

Thanks

T-man

To re-hash what has already been said on this forum... anything is waiverable ;). I say go for it!

Tulman737

I think that you are fine. I am not sure if there is an age limit for aviators, but I had a prior in my platoon who was 34( not sure on his mos). Also, with your good conduct medal and your LOR's, i wouldn't worry about the UA. The best thing to do is just call your local OSO, and they will be able to give you definite answers.

muc1

Last I heard, age before waiver for aviation was 27.5 - age waiver tougher to get for aviation than ground. I also heard scuttlebutt that they were going to increase the age limit for aviation by 1 year.

Just ask your OSO.

phrogpilot73

They're generally a little easier to work with for age waivers in regards to priors. They know that they can invest their $ in you, and you'll probably do fine. I had a guy in my TBS company that was close to 31 and now he's a Phrog pilot...