• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver for beard

phrogpilot73

What kind of blade do you use? I use the art of shaving stuff: pre shave oil after I shower, bristle brush to lather up and their aftershave, but I'm still biting the bullet and paying 40 bucks at costco for my fusion razor blades.
I flip back and forth between the King of Shaves Azor 5, and the Fusion ProGlide. Can't decide which I like the best. However, the Blade Buddy makes both blades last 2-3 times longer. It basically hones your blades before/after every shave. I use it every day and I love it. I'm guessing part of my lack of irritation comes from keeping a super-sharp blade all the time.

I think everyone should try the King of Shave line at least once. It's that good. I can't wait until our trip to Ireland so I can get some King of Shave products that are only available in the UK!
So what color do you guys paint your toe nails?
I keep mine trident blue.
Mine are OD Green... Look at that, we're the blue/green team!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I flip back and forth between the King of Shaves Azor 5, and the Fusion ProGlide. Can't decide which I like the best. However, the Blade Buddy makes both blades last 2-3 times longer. It basically hones your blades before/after every shave. I use it every day and I love it. I'm guessing part of my lack of irritation comes from keeping a super-sharp blade all the time.

I think everyone should try the King of Shave line at least once. It's that good. I can't wait until our trip to Ireland so I can get some King of Shave products that are only available in the UK!

Mine are OD Green... Look at that, we're the blue/green team!
Knowing this I'll be able to sleep better tonight. ;)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I used to get massive irritation as well. I found a blog about shaving, and ended up using King of Shaves products. They have a mantra of "Prime, Shave, Protect." Prime = wash your face with a good cleanser, Shave = I use King of Shaves shave oil, followed by their gel - once I get both on my face, I shave (with a blade that I keep VERY sharp with the Blade Buddy), then I Protect with a skin conditioner. No more irritation.

I use the Fusion ProGlide.

As for my shaving routine: I have one of those exfoliating gloves that I wash my face with before I shave. And I've found that the Up&Up (Target store brand) oatmeal shaving cream works best, followed by an anti-acne face wash. After I'm dry, I use Bump Patrol aftershave. Hasn't completely gotten rid of the irritation, but it's almost negligible.

And I paint my toenails brown to match my shoes.

phrogpilot73

Here's what I use (full disclosure - I'm a white guy that never got the severe razor bumps that really seem to be a problem for black guys, if I was black I'd probably use Magic Shave):

Wash my face every day with Nivea Moisturizing Face Wash (tried King of Shaves stuff, not really any difference)
Once a week, I use King of Shaves Men's Antibacterial Fash Scrub (it does the exfoliation shit) - this I actually have to order and ship to a buddy that lives in the UK.

Every day, I use King of Shaves Alpha Oil Cooling Menthol as a "base coat" followed by King of Shaves Azor Shave Gel Cooling Menthol.

Then I shave with whatever razor my hand hits first, after I hone it with the Blade Buddy by Martell.

Once done, I use King of Shaves cooling & soothing face balm.

Haven't had irritation since I've started this. And the wife has noticed!

MasterBates

What is this "Shaving" you speak of?

578264_10150760092869284_421149988_n.jpg

phrogpilot73

Awesome. All indications are that King of Shaves are moving out of the US market. Products I normally order online aren't available, and the ones that are available are 50% off with free shipping. Just dropped $80 to make sure I'm good for a while...

What is this "Shaving" you speak of?
I grew a goatee when I left active duty, and hated it.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
This shit is like $2.00 at Wal-Mart. Completely replaces shaving cream (Sounds like it is similar to the King of Shaves product you are talking about, I've never heard of that brand).
Rinse face with hot water, use 3-5 drops and rub it on your face, rinse face again with hot water. Rinse blade with hot water after every few swipes.

I get zero irritation, I think it moisturizes your face or whatever, and it isn't all messy like creams.

images

phrogpilot73

This shit is like $2.00 at Wal-Mart. Completely replaces shaving cream (Sounds like it is similar to the King of Shaves product you are talking about, I've never heard of that brand).
It actually sounds similar to King of Shaves. I was first introduced to King of Shaves in Iraq, first time I ever saw it was in the PX at Al Asad (while I was looking for waterless shampoo, since the water main had been blown up AGAIN). It's a UK company, with not much traction in the US. Saw them in Harris Teeter for a while, but now I can only find them in Bed, Bath & Beyond (and online). I might have to try out the Walmart special...

boobcheese

... first time I ever saw it was in the PX at Al Asad (while I was looking for waterless shampoo, since the water main had been blown up AGAIN)...

2008-2009 time frame? I was the resident "Water Czar" at Al Asad and oversaw a lot of repairs to the distro system both inside and outside the wire. You guys (not phrogs but HMLA-167 maybe?) were even nice enough to take me out on a couple of occasions to recon the breaks from the air.

As far as the shaving discussion nothing to add aside from the observation that shaving is obviously a touchy subject for many. Hell, John Rambo took out the entire police force of a small Washington town over a "dry shave" incident.

CareForaShave.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Somehow this thread entered an unrecoverable tailspin of personal hygene TMI. :D

phrogpilot73

2008-2009 time frame? I was the resident "Water Czar" at Al Asad and oversaw a lot of repairs to the distro system both inside and outside the wire. You guys (not phrogs but HMLA-167 maybe?) were even nice enough to take me out on a couple of occasions to recon the breaks from the air.
That's a little after my time. I was there from Jan-Aug '05 and the water main breaks/sabatoge were damn near weekly at one point.

RaginCajun

Thanks for the info. I've tried many different methods to avoid the issue, but nothing has worked thus far. I will try some of the methods mentioned here.