• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

waiver for ADD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giddyup1

I have been reading the forum for quite a while now but this is my first post. I am trying to get a pilot slot and just got a call from the recriuter saying I was PDQ by MEPS because of ADD(attention deficit disorder). I only have a very minor case and took ritalin for 1 year during school. I have not taken it in 3 years.
Has anyone heard of a waiver for this?
Any input would be greatly appreciated

Starmn6678

Starmn6678
Sorry about last reply, misclicked. Anyways, I had the same problem ADD & ADHD. Took medicine for a while. I stopped taking when I was 16. I received a waiver from DODMERB. I just graduated from USMMA and am heading down to Pcola on the 26th for API. So it can be done. It took a lot of work to get the waiver but it was definately worth it. Send me an email or reply and I can show you some of the paper work I had to do to get the waiver. Good Luck.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
To answer your question it is YES. I know because i have a waiver for the exact same thing. So it can be done, if you have any questions just drop me a line at falcaner33@aol.com.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.