• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting to hear about 186 acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

usanavypilot

This waiting to find out about acceptance to 186 is sure killing me. Is anyone else out there as nervous, nauseous, anxious, and freaked out as me? Only a few more weeks and we are gonna hear for sure. If anyone has some motivational stories I would sure love to hear them. Good luck to all.

BTW, my OSO told me on Wednesday that they really need females for 186 this summer, so for all you lovely women out there, we can get our hopes up a little more, but not too much!! Keep up the hard work.

Adrenaline Rush

hey hb, i remember exactly what it was like waiting to hear...pure hell, it became all i thought about the last few weeks of april, i was very irritable...and when i heard i was so excited, euhporic....but from my experience, just remember if and when you get accepted, your going to 10 weeks of pure hell...so looking back on it, (and i didnt complete ocs i was npq'd week 6) i think to myself "what the hell was i thinking, why was i so excited to go to hell"... but i know what your goin thru man, you will know by may, just keep that in your mind and pt your brains out...i have since reapplied for plc increments cause i also decided to change my major for some different reasons...so i cant believe i want to go back LOL best of luck to you, i really hope you get in..and are you ground or air?

usanavypilot

Adrenaline,

Thanks for the story. I sure as hell know that the 10 weeks that I am hopefully going to go to are gonna be the worst 10 weeks of my life. I am definitely not looking forward to that, but looking forward to the end of the 10 weeks, commissioning!!! Man, if I get in this summer, that day will be Aug. 13th I think. I am applying for air but would definitely accept ground if they don't want to give me air. And I AM PTing my @ss off!!! Run run run run calistenics run calistenics eat healthy run run...that's my schedule.
What were you NPQed for?

rahall79

I am in the same boat you are in...playing the waiting game. I started my application in November, but because of faxing medical records didn't get in in time for the Dec. board. Oh well, I am female so couldn't go in January anyway. It seems like it is taking forever, and it is huge life changing decision. Wish they would just get on it. GOOD LUCK too all, and hope to see you all this June. :D

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
yeah..I'm waiting for this board too. My OSO is sending everything out this month, so I have one more week for my PFT to break 285..lol only one more point!! goodluck to all the rest you guys too...I hope we all get to go to ten weeks of hell!!:) By the way..which of you are going Air and which of you are going for ground. I was originally air but am now applying for a ground slot.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Originally out for air, now going ground. Take my update PFT tomorrow at 6 in the morning. Good Times.

Hey what are you guys planning on doing after you graduate? Like, what are you gonna do for that month between graduation and ocs? I'm nervous about what I'll do if I don't get in, what to do if I do get in... etc. I really don't have enough money to just hang out that month. Anyone got any plans??

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I say we all start a Future Marines of America Fund and ask for donations to support all of us stuck in that no man's land between graduation and OCS...lol :)

Doc_52

....as far as waiting for acceptance, here's one story for you. My son graduated from Baylor in December 2002. He started the application process for OCC in August 2002 of his last semester. After graduation, he moved down to Florida and lived with my folks. He got a part-time job working at a gym making $7 an hour. As his dad, I'm thinking, "great....I spent $100,000 sending him to school and he's working at a gym." However, it was a good deal for him because he could work out every day with a personal trainer getting in shape for his "hoped for" acceptance to OCS. He did get accepted on an air contract and shipped out for OCS 184 in October 2003. He's now a "butter bar" at TBS. He'll finish in July and go to Pensacola for flight school. The point of my rambling.....just do what you have to do while you wait for OCS acceptance. I suppose it all depends on how badly you want to be an Officer of Marines. Good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear....

Yes thanks I should have my dad read that. He's thinking the same thing you were only he's also telling me so. He thinks my going to college was a big waste of money unless I do exactly what my major is for... unless I get in of coarse, but he wants to know what if I don't?? And he wants me to come live at home and I really don't want to. It's just flusterating...

Status
Not open for further replies.