• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting List

I heard from my recruiter that my top choice school's NROTC unit had already filled up before my application even went to the boards. He said if I eventually receive a scholarship to a different school, I can opt out of that and ask to be put on the waiting list for my top choice school. However, this would endanger me from retaining my scholarship and I could possibly end up with nothing if a spot at my top choice school did not free up. How often does this actually happen where spots become open to those on a waiting list? Thanks.

sickboy

pilot
That happened to a few guys I go to school with. All of them got scholarships after the first sememester. I was a moron and enlisted instead, but I still got the scholarship. Just study hard and you'll probably be ok.

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot
I also had a few of my friends start on the waiting list and eventually get picked up. At the end of the year, I'd say about 50% were successful in getting scholarships (keep in mind, you have two years to get a scholarship). I think your odds are good for staying with your top choice; just make sure you stay competitive and you'll be fine.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If I was you, I would make preparations to go to any of the other schools on your NROTC scholarship list in case you get one to a unit that isnt full. Little different situation for me- I got the scholarship to my first choice school, but got wait listed there. Had to apply for the change of venue (or whatever its called for the scholarship) to be switched to another school I got accepted to. After that, I got accepted at my first choice school and had to jump through the hoops of getting the scholarship changed back. Things worked out for me, but I wouldnt gamble on losing the scholarship all togather if I were you. Hopefully you put some thought into going to the schools you put on your dreamsheet before you put them down.

Thanks for the tips. I'm still waiting to hear whether or not a scholarship at all, but once/if my recruiter gives me my options, I'll let you know what I end up doing.