• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting in 'The Pool"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmantel02

Hey-

For those of you waiting in the pool at API, how are things going with that? I heard that you have to go through a week-long political correctness seminar. What are the wait-times now for pilots? Still backed up?

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by jmantel02I heard that you have to go through a week-long political correctness seminar.
Please tell me you're kidding... [:0] [:0] [:0]

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Hmmm... We had to both - AJOLT before API and BOLT after winging. Who knows...

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

jmantel02

BOLT is what I'm talking about. I talked to a '96 USNA grad who's now a Tomcat RIO who went through it after winging a couple years back. He says that it's more of the same PC bull**** that they try to shove down your throat for four years at USNA. If you don't know enough about leadership by the time you get to API then you're never gonna learn.

So how long have you guys been waiting in the pool before startup?

kappu411

Naval Aviator
I heard that after OCS if there is a wait for API entry, you go home, from where u r from , on the officer hometown recruiting program (OHARP) , anyone ever hear of this, if so , how long could it last, do u get just base pay , or do they give you Bah for that area also..

Tony

Dave Shutter

OHARP is TAD so I guess that would be BAH for the area you're in but I'm not sure. It's usually for a month, you get your regular pay and are not charged leave days and travel to and from is under orders. I did OHARP twice (the second time was an extension of emergency leave, my case was special) and the general line I got was that they'd prefer you to hang around (after OCS) so you can class up when available. So unless you have a legimitate reason to go home for a month (sick mom: yes! missing your girlfriend: no!) than don't count on it. The LT in charge of Flight Management decides. Never hurts to ask though.

jmac12

Right now they are not letting people in the aviation community go on OHARP unless there are extreme circumstances. FO's get stashed after going through all the admin stuff and BOLT-C and pilots go to IFS unless they already have flight time. This is the latest I've heard and I graduate OCS on 13 DEC. Hope this helps.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Affirm on the OHARP.

Both SNA ans SNFO's will get stashed or stand watch until they class up. When I left API was about to make OCS grads wait 10 wks before classing up. Dont know if that came about though (10 week wait). If you get offered IFS take it.

Dave

Stegall

All SNA's that were commissioned after 01OCT are required to do IFS if they don't have their private license, so you don't have a choice to "take it" or not. You're doing it, period.

Unfortunately, they haven't started implimenting the FO's into IFS yet, which sucks for me because I'm sitting around in "A" pool doing nothing all the time. I just finished BOLTC, and that was craptastic. Other than that, I muster and go home.

Dave Shutter

Just commissioned from OCS as a SNA and "HAVE" to do IFS, no choice! Hmmm...25 free hours and a couple solo's with a couple hundred buck of free pilot stuff...twist my arm why don't you!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
While you are waiting go down to the SNFO wing and get your systems and Metro books to study with. Or go get the EP cards from the Wings store in town with the blue corsair on the roof.

Dave

Stegall

Well, got the phone call and I'm starting API on 20DEC. What a great birthday gift!! (PS I turn 23 on 19DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.