• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting For Flight School

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmlc112

After I graduate OCS with a pilot slot, what are some of the duties assigned to officers who are waiting to attend flight school.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah yes... the stashed ensign...
Some have the glorious duty of working in flight management. Paper pushers. Others may work at the pool, with the SAR unit, or even in the museum flying arcade style simulators. The jobs vary quite a bit. A somewhat recent stash job is to be part of the IFS program. That's where you fly for 25 hours of civilian time. That counts as your job before API. I actually worked in that office (didn't fly). Most stash jobs are cake, working only a few hours a day or only a few days a week. Mine happened to be a normal job, M-F 7:30 till around 4. Many folks hope they don't get a stash job. The gouge at the time though was "no stash, no class" meaning you wouldn't class up until you've been assigned a stash job. How true that was I'll never know. I know one guy who held a stash job for a single day.

Ed Williams

No stash job is all that bad. Nothing to worry about. I was actually a bit glad to get one. I was getting really board and spending way too much money.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.