• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait times for Corpus vs Whiting

Pickleboy1118

I’m about to start NIFE at NASP and I’ve currently got my primary preference as Whiting. There have been rumors that the wait time for Whiting is around 7 months while the wait for Corpus is around 2. If that’s the case I’d prefer to go to Corpus but if they’re around even I’d prefer to stay around here and go to Whiting. Is there anyone with any inside info or advice? Thanks in advance.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
What you want doesn’t matter… they’ll send you where they need you, so don’t sweat it too much. Both are beach towns with liquor stores and boats for sale. You’ll be okay.

Astro_Rekt

Don't pick based on the wait time, it's going to flip flop back and forth before you class up. Go where your friends are going, or, go if you have friends/family around one of the two places.

villo0692

I’m about to start NIFE at NASP and I’ve currently got my primary preference as Whiting. There have been rumors that the wait time for Whiting is around 7 months while the wait for Corpus is around 2. If that’s the case I’d prefer to go to Corpus but if they’re around even I’d prefer to stay around here and go to Whiting. Is there anyone with any inside info or advice? Thanks in advance.
I checked in to Whiting Field two weeks ago and they told me Mid June for Ground School

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I checked in to Whiting Field two weeks ago and they told me Mid June for Ground School

There’s a boat ramp in Bayou Texar, you can wakeboard and waterski there easily as it’s protected from the bay by the train tracks/ bridge all the trucks rip their tops off on.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
I went to Corpus for Primary and the main positive I got out of that experience was that it made me miss Pensacola. Going back to Milton/Pcola for rotary advanced was personally a blast for me. If I didn't have a good group of friends out in Corpus with me, I would've been miserable. But I know people that loved it, too! As with all things YMMV.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I went to Corpus for Primary and the main positive I got out of that experience was that it made me miss Pensacola. Going back to Milton/Pcola for rotary advanced was personally a blast for me. If I didn't have a good group of friends out in Corpus with me, I would've been miserable. But I know people that loved it, too! As with all things YMMV.
I'm glad I did primary in Corpus and am looking forward to E-2s, but man. After essentially exploring the entire state of Texas I realize the wasted opportunity in not seeing more of the Gulf when I was in Pensacola.