• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait time on app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerdd972

To all you SNA's out there, how long did it take after your app was mailed out to find out if the Navy wants you as a pilot? Mine was mailed out on the 31st of July. I don't think I will sleep until I know.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Jared

I completely feel your pain. My package was sent out a week ago today, and without a doubt this has been the longest 7 days of my life. Incidently, I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking in the shadows for some time, so I'll just say hey to everyone.
Jared

gunnerdd972

Welcome aboard, I wish you luck on your package. I am very thankful for this web-site it has helped me with many questions in dealing with Naval Aviation. So don't be afraid to ask any question that you may have.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Jared

Thanks for the encouragement. I too have had many a question answered here. It seems to me that the collective knowledge contained by the members of this forum vastly exceeds that of any recruiting office. Good luck to you on your application as well gunnerdd972.
Jared

Dave Shutter

Good luck Hosehead, great to hear your app is on it's way! As always: send Chief Gus my regards. Since your not a broken down old man like some of us you probably have a decent shot. I imagine they'd take a 4yr. prior Navy over a 2 yr. prior Army anyday ;)

I'd love to give you a solid answer on how long it will take but it seems every one's different. Example: First time around I waited two weeks and found out I got my med-waiver: big yay! Two weeks later I found out I has passed pro-review board: bigger yay! And then I went before Aviation board and a week later I found out I was done DOH!
This time around all they sent down was a post card for the most part, or I think it might only have been a Fax or e-mail(?) simply telling them to pull my app' on file and re-review with the new ASTB test scores on file at P-cola. I already had my med-review/waiver and pro-review so it all went straight to the Aviation board and it's been a week and a half already??? We'll see.

I recall people on the forum saying their med review came last and have heard of others getting hired by their community first, but then having to wait on the other boards to be official. It seems to me there's no concrete way an app. gets reviewed so it's impossible to guess how long. I'm guessing it depends on the app itself, how busy the office is, how backed up are the different boards and such. I've heard no longer than a month on avg. and that jibes with what a few people have said here; providing you don't have anything extraneous to get reviewed, like WAIVERS!!!

Best of luck!

D

Mahler

It took three weeks to the day from when my application package was sent out to when I got the phone call saying I was in. Good luck...

James

Status
Not open for further replies.