• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait for Jets

BrittO

pilot
Hey all...just about to select and am hoping for some insight into the wait from select date to checking in at advanced. I am primarily interested in the wait to Kingsville and Meridian (both wait from selection to detaching from corpus, and from arrival at advanced to class up date).

Chubby

I detached from primary a week after selection and classed up in Meridian two weeks after that. Doesn't seem to be a wait at all here.

diverkr

pilot
I detached from Whiting 6 days after I selected Meridian. Only had about 4 weeks off before I classed up.

BrittO

pilot
follow on...

Thanks for the info guys...for those that had a week or so after selection before detaching...how did the move go...i mean, did the property office have enough time to arrange a mover..etc..

Chubby

Not too bad, although the lady who works at Personal Property wasn't all that happy. That being said, go that day and pick up dummy orders to give them (Personal Property) and schedule your move. The earlier the better.

nova04

pilot
2 weeks off in Corpus (5 days of which is DJETs), 3 weeks to class up in Meridian. The day you select you can find out the report day and an "estimated" class up date from wing 4 stucon. Good luck on selection bro

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
nova04 said:
2 weeks off in Corpus (5 days of which is DJETs), 3 weeks to class up in Meridian. The day you select you can find out the report day and an "estimated" class up date from wing 4 stucon. Good luck on selection bro

Must've been nice. I had a week in Corpus, then moved to Whiting, right after Katrina hit, checked in here Tues and started class Fri. All told 2 weeks from checking out of VT-28 to starting advanced.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BrittO said:
J1 Meridian baby!!! class up 8 may

Congrats man, I just winged here in Meridian. It'll suck at times, but you wont' be sorry, you do lots of cool sh!t here in the TS syllabus. If you have any questions, send me a PM.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Britt,
Congrats!

Sorry to get off topic, but when you're trying to select are they just looking at your overall score, or do they pay special attention to specific blocks. I know they're looking for the guy with the best overall score, but for different pipelines, are certain blocks considered more important? Would high grades in a certain block (PAs, forms, whatever) make you stand out?