• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wait for API?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savingthisone

bigeyes_125.gif
Question?? For one reporting to P'cola October 1, can the wait time to start API be estimated with any degree of certitude? Guess?

Thanks

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
degree of certitude does not equal military.

Don’t count on anything. Do all that you can on your end, and that is all that you can do. I don’t know if this helps, but two of my Navy buddies commissioned in December, reported in February went through IFS(finished April/May), and are in API now. I reported the middle of June, and started API in the beginning of July with the Marines. The catch was that I had to wait five months from commissioning to report to active duty and hence get a paycheck.
Flight management also screwed them. They had PCS orders to FL, and all of a sudden, they are going to Corpus, which means another PCS. They don’t even know if TMO can do two PCSs in less than a year??? The only reason they knew they were going to Corpus is that they happened to stumble across some paperwork.
Moral of the story…Don’t count on anything, make lots of photocopies, and stay on top of $hit.

savingthisone

Thanks BigWorm that was helpful. I see how IFS is going to inject at least one more wait period into the unpredictability, but since i have PPL hope to get into API posthaste. We see. Agree, not to worry, just planning.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.