• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vx-9 (ah1z & Uh1y)

Check Six

Just a heads up for any USMC aviators here (helos of course) that we have an awesome ten page feature on the AH1Z and UH1Y with VX-9 in the next issue of HeliTac. The photos are absolutely stunning.

Another one you might be interested in about Ship - Helicopter Interface written by the CO of 816 Squadron of the Aussie Navy. Really good story.

Cheers,

Ned
www.heliopshelitacforums.com

badger16

None
My brother just screened for DH and found out he is headed to the Vampires come May. I'm excited to maybe get the chance to make a visit out there.

badger16

None
I don't know about Helitac but Combat Aircraft is at B and N. It comes out like every two months. The new one should be coming out soon.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'm excited to maybe get the chance to make a visit out there.

Spoken like a person who has never been stuck in Ridgecrest, CA, for weeks on end.:D

But seriously, as long as you're flying, China Lake can't be beat. The nightlife. . .eh. . .notsomuch.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
The Combat Aircraft article was excellent. Beautiful pics! Many of OpEval pilots interviewed for the piece are flying out of HMLA/T-303 now. The're cranking Yankee students through, and one of the two Zulu models at Pendleton is slated to fly something like 30 hours through the end of the quarter. Definitely livens up the flight line... Looking forward to the HeliTac article, Ned.

Check Six

Special offer for readers of this thread - if you want a freebie sub to the mag for a year, drop me a PM with name and postal address. :)

Ned

P.S. Our first online digital edition of HeliTac is also about to be released :)

B

Blutonski816

I don't know about Helitac but Combat Aircraft is at B and N. It comes out like every two months. The new one should be coming out soon.

I believe I saw it at Border's too... but I'm not 100% sure...

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Spoken like a person who has never been stuck in Ridgecrest, CA, for weeks on end.:D

But seriously, as long as you're flying, China Lake can't be beat. The nightlife. . .eh. . .notsomuch.

God, Isn't that the truth. Love the base but that town, Unless you want to do some dirtbiking or some sort of Motorcross sport, You're screwed for fun (Besides the almighty BOWLING ALLEY!!!!! =-O).

The one club they had (Club Unicorn which I guess they realized how truely gay that name really is so it became The Hangar) shutdown. Only like two bars between Ridgecrest and Inyokern now, To my knowledge.