• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VW Beetle Hybrid

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
here's one for all the VW owners.....

Jet Beetle

AB12_15_05copy.jpg

This is a my street-legal jet car on full afterburner. The car has two engines: the production gasoline engine in the front driving the front wheels and the jet engine in the back. The idea is that you drive around legally on the gasoline engine and when you want to have some fun, you spin up the jet and get on the burner (you can start the jet while driving along on the gasoline engine). The car was built because I wanted the wildest street-legal ride possible. With this project, I was able to use some stuff I learned while getting my fancy engineering degree (I have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University) to design a street-legal jet car without the distraction of how other people have done it in the past - because no one has. I don't know how fast the car will go and probably never will. The car was built to thrill me, not kill me. That doesn't stop me from the occasional blast on the highway though.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Might have some fun on the airshow circuit though. Wonder if he can handle Shockwave.....

JetTruck.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
the only way i've seen the new beetle be cool.

I grew up on the classic Beetle and so did my spouse. Just got her a new Beetle for Christmas (her request along with jewelry) and I've driven it a few times. It's not that bad compared to the no name rental cars I end up driving on trips. But my 20 something daughter won't go near it....but she's into heavy iron (Broncos on steroids and lift kits).

Birdman

heyjoe said:
I grew up on the classic Beetle and so did my spouse. Just got her a new Beetle for Christmas (her request along with jewelry) and I've driven it a few times. It's not that bad compared to the no name rental cars I end up driving on trips. But my 20 something daughter won't go near it....but she's into heavy iron (Broncos on steroids and lift kits).
That's one hell of a Christmas present

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
That's one hell of a Christmas present

Considering what she could have asked for, I got off lucky. She was overdue for an upgrade even though she drives a fraction of what I do.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Considering what she could have asked for, I got off lucky.....
Roger that ... my "Navy" wife asked for a divorce and 3/4 of a $Mil .... :) ... and got it. :eek:

A good education is very expensive ... :)

Your sanity ... priceless ... :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Roger that ... my "Navy" wife asked for a divorce and 3/4 of a $Mil .... :) ... and got it. :eek:

Ouch...haven't been there, done that...but my almost lost my sanity though...limes and what goes with them help

Birdman

A4sForever said:

What do you do that you had 3/4 of a mil to give her? You have to let us in on your secret

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
What do you do that you had 3/4 of a mil to give her? You have to let us in on your secret

He's a retired O-5 and a senior Whale captain...

Oh, and just because a court or whatnot may order you to give an ex-wife a certain amount of money, it doesn't mean you actually HAVE that money.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
Be successful ??? BE A "GOOD DEAL" ??? BE SOMEBODY !!??!! :eek::)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
A4's, The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

Should get a T-Shirt, sir.

Can we make a thread dedicated to all of A4s's legendary exploits now? I would think that it would blow the Chuck Norris thread out fo the water.