• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vt-6

flyerstud4

Well as it turns out, I checked into VT-6 instead of VT-2. Is there anyone currently or once a Shooter that could enlighten me. Thanks

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Vt-6 was a good time, none of the squadrons "sucked" from what I have heard from friends in 2 and 3, each just had different way of doing things. In six I felt like I was treated more like a member of the squadron than which was nice. You'll have fun, the CO, XO when I was there is a great guy, loved flying with him.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I was in 6, I loved it. I had an all-around good time in primary. Like Cavt said, most guys will say they had good experiences at NSE no matter what squadron, but you should be happy to be heading to 6. Good luck.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm an IP at VT-6, what do you want to know? Then again, you probably don't want to know from me :D

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I was in 2, have a buddy finishing in 6 this week. It's as good as 2. Study systems, quit worrying, live the dream.

phrogpilot73

Dude you're fucked, I hear the Bunk is an asshole in the cockpit... ;)

Seriously, it doesn't matter what it's like. Study hard and fly as good as your skills allow and let the chips fall where they may.

navysoccer18

FNG
pilot
I finished up primary in VT-6 back in March. Don't worry about looking like an ass...you'll do that enough in the T-34 during early Contacts. Just get a good start in ground school, don't fail any of the ground school exams, ask as many intelligent questions as you can about squadron stuff during your FAM-0. Also, utilize studs that are further along in the program for questions and gouge. VT-6 is a good squadron, and as long as you work your ass off and hold up your end of the bargain, the instructors will do their best to get you through the syllabus.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm an IP at VT-6, what do you want to know? Then again, you probably don't want to know from me :D
Too funny.... I was going to respond that there are a couple VT6 IPs here!

Best of luck in Primary, study hard, have a good time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the advice, just getting exited to finally start flying, its been about 2 years now.

Yeah, you really need to relax. I know it's exciting, but it will all reveal itself in time. While the syllabus is different, go back and read webmaster's journal if you want to know about -6. Like everyone has said, there's no "bad" squadron at NSE...well, except -3 of course. I keed, I keed.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
All I can say is study hard, don't get discouraged if a flight doesn't go well and know your procedures. Thats my pet peeve, not knowing how to do a maneuver. In the cockpit, at altitude or in the pattern, is not the time to teach how to do steps 1-2-3. From all I've experience at VT-6, it's a great squadron.

todd740

Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!
pilot
I just selected out of VT6 this past Thursday and it was hands down the best squadron. No stand-by, cool IP's, etc. Just hit the books and make sure to take a day off on the weekends so you don't go nuts. Enjoy

flyerstud4

Yeah, you really need to relax. I know it's exciting, but it will all reveal itself in time. While the syllabus is different, go back and read webmaster's journal if you want to know about -6. Like everyone has said, there's no "bad" squadron at NSE...well, except -3 of course. I keed, I keed.

Do you have the link of the journal?