• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VT-35, getting on the big board?

duece123

totally off topic, but I dont feel like startign another thread. Anyone stay in the BOQ in CC? How are the rooms/living on base. Also, does the base have a mess hall/places to eat, or do I actually have to cook food??? Ill ask more questions as I think of them. Thanks for the help.

usmcecho4

pilot
totally off topic, but I dont feel like startign another thread. Anyone stay in the BOQ in CC? How are the rooms/living on base. Also, does the base have a mess hall/places to eat, or do I actually have to cook food??? Ill ask more questions as I think of them. Thanks for the help.

Don't live on base. There is a BOQ and I've known some people who lived in it and didn't have too many complaints. Base has no mess hall but does have a few places to eat but they maintain strange hours. You will have enough down time that you should really get an apartment or room to avoid insanity. I do know of one guy who lived in his RV for the duration (something like 200 bucks a month)

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

MasterBates

Base RV park is $435/mo with all utilities. I live there. The BOQ is transient only. No permanent party for E7 and above.

duece123

roger that, thanks for the reply. I am eventually going to get my A$$ to the island, but I have no furniture and my buds wont be there for a month or so. I went to school in the great state of alabama (WAR EAGLE) so maybe a trailer will be right at home

MrSaturn

Contributor
Richard's phone number, though, is 361-961-2945. Good luck.

Some other advice for people trying to "Game" the big board for primary or advanced.

If you are able to find someone to trade squadrons with he probably will let you.

If your checking into primary look for an open slot at the earliest date. That is the squadron you will be assigned. Red slots are for Marines.

Slots available are rarely given out over the phone. However, a WDO or "Stash" probably will be more likely to. Plus the a WDO is there 24 hours a day and weekends.

If all else fails talk about cats... seriously