• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VMI in Inaugural Parade!

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
VMI will be marching in the Presidential Inaugural Parade on January 20th, all 1400 of us! :D we might be the largest group in the parade. apparently we were last time.

http://www.vmi.edu/NewsCenter.aspx?id=32497

p.s. if you can read what are on the company guidon flags on the tv, i'm in delta company, smallest (female) one :eek: so i'll be in the back! :D shout out here if you do see me :p (you might only be able to tell us because we'll come after charlie company. for some reason, it's always easier to read the charlie guidon than the delta one. :confused:) but- advanced warning- i don't want to hear it if you see this rat making a mistake! haha. ;)

btw, obligatory greetings to all:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HAPPY HANNUKAH!

HAPPY KWANZAA!

did i leave anyone out? ... HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :D

(and now i'm off to tanzania to check out mt. kilimanjaro and take in a safari... haha :tongue2_1 )

vmid009

Let me tell you i am sooooo excited to march in the parade. Nothing against who is being sworn in (although i didn't vote for him). We always get tasked to march in these sorts of things. Trust me that rat will be singing a different tune when they find out how much fun it really is.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hmm...busride to DC from SW Virginia starting at midnight. Muster by companies. Stand around and wait from 3 til 6 or 7ish. March 4.9 miles. Pass in review for 15 seconds on TV, and probably right behind the cavalry.

5 miles of horse apples should be awesome in the wool parade cloak. Enjoy it.

So glad i'm not a cadet anymore. The full on canine-equestrian extravaganzas were garbage.

Clux4

Banned
Mind you, it is always cold and windy during that time. You might get lucky and it might rain in DC!! Enjoy

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dare you to do a "fist Bump" as you pass the new Old Man.

Word.
obama%20fist%20bump.jpg

vmid009

I must find some way to get out of it. Any ideas? A sprained ankle would be pretty convenient maybe i'll take more risks skiing this winter.

P.S.- we march in parade formation. all guidons go up front in a line abreast. everyone else is packed together behind, not by company. no one will be picking anyone out during the 15 seconds we MIGHT actually be on TV.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Good for you...taking part in an inauguration is not something everyone gets to do so enjoy what you can. Good luck and stay warm!